West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
As a Risk Manager within the CPE Regulatory, Risk, and Compliance team, you will apply your process management, analytical, and delivery skills to our highest profile Audit and Regulatory engagements and projects.
You will partner across CPE to develop and support successful, forward-thinking Audit and Regulatory engagements and reporting in a manner that supports innovation, protects our customers, shareholders, and associates, and considers themes, opportunity patterns and scale across the function and enterprise. You will partner with peers and senior leaders to drive the best outcomes for the CPE audit and regulatory engagements in an open, collaborative environment where new ideas and solutions are both welcomed and rewarded.
You will provide proactive and on-going regulatory intelligence to our CPE divisions to ensure they remain well-managed, including autonomous coordination and drafting of internal communications and briefs for BAU regulator meetings, attending meetings with regulators, drafting meeting notes, updating regulators on recent developments, updating reporting and ensuring completion of any follow up actions after the meetings.
RRaC Risk team members are experienced, well-trained, progressive individuals operating within a highly collaborative team environment to deliver value-added risk services to our business partners. The successful candidate will be a highly-motivated Risk Management professional with excellent leadership, project management, analytical, planning, collaboration, strategic thinking and communication skills. What You'll Do:
- Support the development of weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting to Senior Management and Regulators by working effectively with internal partners across the CPE organization
- Prepare senior leaders who meet regularly with Regulators to provide an update on performance, progress on large initiatives, and provide deep dives as needed to address questions or provide additional context
- Guided by team leadership, participate in audit and regulatory engagements through documentation and quality assurance review of evidence (submitted to the auditors and/or examiners)
- Contributes to a readiness assessment of the end to end process being examined to identify any control gaps or weaknesses, potential issues and potential emerging risks
- Operating within a highly collaborative team environment, manage time with a sense of urgency to ensure regulatory deliverables are completed within established timeframes
- Monitor corrective action of findings and risks, and ensure implementation by deadlines
- Assist with documentation on finding remediation efforts (including milestone deliverables and overall finding completion), request list trackers, and evidence
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in Project Management or Process Management
- At least 3 years of Risk Management experience
- At least 3 years of internal audit, regulatory exam management or regulatory reporting experience
- At least 1 year of working with banking regulators (FRB, OCC, CFPB, or FFIEC)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- 4+ years of experience in Project Management or Process Management
- 4+ years of Risk Management experience
- 3+ years of experience working in Agile
- 2+ years experience working in financial services, fintech or other highly regulated environment
- 1+ year of experience communicating with technical leadership and business stakeholders
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).