West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Director, Fraud Strategy and Advisory
The Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Group is a core risk function within Capital One's Corporate Compliance Department. This Group serves as a second line of defense. In this role, you will act in a Risk Steward capacity with a focus on enterprise Fraud to lead and/or manage many of the substantive compliance issues that arise in Corporate Compliance or in the 1st Line Fraud Business Areas. Among other things, you will:
- Consult with Enterprise Fraud Compliance leaders and 1st Line Fraud Business Areas to articulate compliance risk strategy, tools and methodologies as well as Fraud trends or regulations.
- Maintain knowledge of financial industry laws and regulations and provide regulatory expertise in consulting with a diverse group of business leaders.
- Oversee staff as they perform compliance duties and/or provide technical fraud compliance advice to Business Areas.
Our ideal candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Compliance Advising: Ensure proper oversight of fraud-related risks and controls, including control design and documentation; conduct fraud trend and thematic analysis of incidents; evaluate 1st Line Fraud Business Area initiatives and processes from a compliance perspective, including new products, operating systems, and operating rules and decisions related to fraud.
- Influence and guide business leaders in the execution of their decision and ensure that business stakeholders understand potential fraud-related risks.
- Leads and participates in developing enterprise fraud-related strategic plans and policies that exceed the expectations of auditors and examiners.
- Lead a team of Fraud Compliance Advisors.
- Experience in a financial crime compliance role or fraud-related role, preferably within financial services with a sound knowledge of fraud and scam typologies.
- Experience in leading enterprise fraud risk or strategy, fraud risk assessments, influencing executive leaders, and resolving highly complex business problems through critical thinking.
- Experience providing leadership and guidance to staff, fostering an environment that encourages associate participation, teamwork, and communication.
- Ability to manage projects and conflicting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a customer focus mind-set.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in compliance management
- At least 10 years of experience in Banking or Financial Services
- Juris Doctorate or Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) Certified Risk Professional, or Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager certification, or its equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in compliance management
- 15+ years of experience in Banking or Financial Services
- 5+ years of people management experience
- 2+ years of experience in project or process management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $202,400 - $231,000 for Director, AML Investigations
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).