Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
The Campus Network Engineer shall be able to provide:
- The preparation of equipment configurations and validation of configurations for new installations, changes within the network, software upgrades for Campus Switches
- Understand equipment capabilities to follow fault diagnosis procedures to support effective fault resolution for Campus Switches
- Understand equipment capabilities to follow network operational support procedures related to Campus Switches
- Support of the network environment to include assessing the health of the hardware and software infrastructure for Campus Switches
- Network related testing to ensure installation follows established guidelines and capabilities for Campus Switches
- Implementation, integration & migration planning and operational support for Campus Switches
- Troubleshooting of network issues
- Ongoing, informal, knowledge transfer for Campus Switches
- Able to open OEM TAC cases for the VA
- Submission of problem reports to RE
- Ad-hoc written summary reports on equipment and network problems
- Follow equipment test plans and provide documented results
- Configuration Expertise on proposed platform to include all Campus Switches
- Develop installation Network diagrams
- Operations and support procedures
- Technical input to major service outage root cause analysis and corrective action reports
- Respond to and Resolve Trouble Ticket escalations via VA Ticketing System and MS Teams support channel
- Support and planning for equipment migrations
- Scripted cutover procedures
- Go/No-go Criteria for migration and cutovers
- Use miscellaneous scripting support using OEM solution
- Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in the Configuration and Implementation of systems for Campus Switches integration to any other functional areas (examples: IPAM, LiveAction, ISE, Palo Alto, Server/Core Switches)
- Document the process for the bulk importing of data or any other data transfers
- Assist in the testing the development of automation tools to enhance the network operational environment
- Travel to equipment test site for training and to assist with installations for up to three weeks.
Travel to a site for up to three weeks per month with four installation sites per month (most months will consist of a 1-2-week trip with the largest sites requiring approx. 3 weeks)
- A minimum of 5 years of functional and technical experience with implementing and replacing access switches in a large campus network environment
- VA HIGH BI clearance is required to start
- JNCIP-ENT certification is preferred
- Experience with Juniper software
- Experience with operations, maintenance and troubleshooting of large complex networks
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management required
We are seeking a Campus Network Engineer who is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and a functional and systems expert to support our Government customer.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the upmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Locations: Telework
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: 25-75%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Citizenship: United States
Clearance requirement: VA HIGH BI OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.