Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a DoD SECRET Security Clearance.
- Must have Bachelor of Science in a technical field (e.g., electrical, computer, electronics engineering, information technology, etc.) with 15 or more years of documented Information Systems/Information Technology engineering experience.
- Must have 10 or more years experience designing and implementing US Department of Defense (DoD), or equivalent, Command & Control (C2) Systems and Networks.
- Must have 7 or more years experience with installation oversite of Open Systems Interconnection, (OSI) Layer 1 through Layer 3 data, voice, and Visual Information Systems (VIS) network infrastructure and hardware
- Must have 5 or more years experience with leading integrated engineering and installation teams through all aspects of VIS for DoD C2 Systems design and implementation.
- Must have expert level experience with VIS integration and programming of VIS control systems. At a minimum this experience must include Crestron and Extron products.
- Must live in, or be willing to relocate to, the Northern Virginia / Washington DC area.
- Must be able and willing to work on Government Customer facilities, interfacing with Contractors, Uniformed Military, and Government Civilians to accomplish VIS engineering, installation, and sustainment tasks.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able and willing to travel approximately four times a year to southern Arizona for 1~2 week trips.
- Current Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) certification.
- Current certification for Project Management, e.g., PMP, Project+, CAPM, CPD, IAPM, etc.
- Current certification in ITIL V2 or V3
- Current Extron Authorized Programmer certificate or Crestron Master - Silver Certification
We are seeking a Lead Visual Information Systems (VIS) Engineer
to join our team supporting Visual Information Systems (VIS) contract at the National Defense University (NDU) in Northern Virginia / Washington DC area.
TekSynap is a fast-growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the upmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Northern Virginia; Washington D.C.
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Medium - High
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 25%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Active Secret (eligible) clearance OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.