Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
The Satellite Field Service Technician Level 2:
- Support JWICS customer missions worldwide at semi-permanent, temporary, and surge locations. Provide right-sized manpower resource mix, including engineers and support required for existing JWICS enterprise commercial satellite services
- Implement approved design of highly secure and reliable global network per DIA, DoD/IC documentation.
- Oversee highly reliable transport by leveraging fiber, wireless, and satellite technologies to transmit mission critical voice, video, and data communications at speeds of 100 Gigabit per second or more to meet operational and warfighting requirements transmitting classified information
- Maintain end-to-end connectivity and minimize loss-of service
- Establish, operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and recover SATCOM communications links and equipment
- Communicate with commercial satellite service providers on any service issues.
- Assist the Defense Acquisition and Logistics representative maintaining 100% accountability of all SATCOM assets and report any changes (installation, relocation, repair, and DRMO actions)
- Provide systems integration, testing, delivery/deployment, repair, terminal tracking, procurement, repair and refurbishment, commissioning, sparing, and shipping of terminal, power and other related satellite equipment.
- Provide remote terminal installation, operation and maintenance globally.
- Complete scheduled preventive maintenance inspections every 180 days to minimize outages and continually monitor terminal RF characteristics to determine performance issues.
- Maintain records of SATCOM assets and submit changes to DAL for their records/database update.
- Operate and maintain the Defense Intelligence VSAT Network (DIVN) hub and RF network connection to the remote DINYN satellite terminal.
- Connect and disconnect remote users, monitor assigned segment and system to serve as interface for WAN providing satellite connectivity services
- Configure, manage, and monitor equipment.
- Support and monitor logistics operation and readiness of all SATCOM equipment spares and contingency terminals.
- Coordinate with JWICS PMO and DAL representatives on assets for DRMO turn-in
- Bachelor's degree with at least 4 years experience
- Possess prior satellite technician experience,
- Maintain standardized RF skills through the value-added satellite training boot camp,
- Passing written and field tests for Global Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) Forum certifications
- Completing DIA's current satellite technology/ vendor course/certification
- Possessing an understanding of basic networking.
- Counter Intelligence (CI) Polygraph
We are seeking a SATCOM Field Service Technician
to join our team supporting DIA SITE III Joint Worldwide Intelligence Wide Area Network (JWAN) in South Korea.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Multiple (NCR, HI, ROK, GE)
- Type of environment: Outdoors & Office
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Citizenship: US Citizen
Clearance requirement: TS/SCI with CI Poly OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.