Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Define and communicate a shared architectural vision across release trains
- Participate in Pl planning, definition, and high-level design and explore alternatives
- Enable the Continuous Delivery Pipeline through appropriate design guidelines and investment advocacy
- Actively participate in U1e Continuous Exploration process as part of the Continuous Delivery Pipeline, especially with enabler Epics
- Define subsystems and their interfaces, allocate responsibilities to subsystems
- Understand system deployment, and communicate requirements for interactions with solution context
- Work with customers, stakeholders, and suppliers to establish high- level Solution Context, and the solution context information models and documentation requirements
- Establish critical NFRs at the system level, participate in the definition of other levels
- Operate within the Economic Framework to validate the economic impact or design decisions
- Work with portfolio stakeholders, notably the Government Enterprise Architect, to develop, analyze, split, and realize the implementation of enabler epics
- Facilitate system demos
- Participate in Program Increment (Pl) Planning and Pre-and Post- Pl Planning, System Demos, and Inspect and Adapt events
- Work with ART stakeholders to define the architectural approach, capability roadmap, and high-level objectives for the upcoming Pl planning session
- In the Post-PI planning session, summarize findings into agreed- to set of Pl objectives and validates alignment of the various ART technical directions
- Define, explore, and support the implementation of ART Enablers to evolve solution context, working directly with Agile teams to implement them
- Plan and develop the Architectural Runway to support new business Features and Capabilities
- Work with Product Management to determine the capacity allocation for enablement work
- Support technology/ engineering aspects of Program Kanbans
- Collaborate with System Architects/ Engineering teams to understand how their capabilities fit into and support the larger direction of the overall system
- Participate in Architecture Sync to ensure consistency in how emerging designs and tradeoffs are managed across the ART, allowing frequent opportunities to steer implementation approaches without becoming a source of delays
- Participate in the system demo and evaluate system on fitness for purpose
- Collaborate with Release Management
- Collaborate with Program Management and key stakeholders on progress, budget, release strategy, and readiness
- Work with Government stakeholders, customers, suppliers, and ARTs to align the architectural direction with the Solution Context
- Work with Suppliers, making sure the technical characteristics for supplier-delivered capabilities are understood and assisting with the architectural integration of these concerns
- Work alongside Solution Management and the Solution Train Engineer, sharing responsibility for the success of a Solution Train
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science or engineering field of study plus 15 years of experience IT systems architect
- Must have an active TS/SCI DoD security clearance
- Five years of experience as a Senior Software Engineer and leading a software development team
- Two years of experience integrating deep learning techniques, scalable cloud architecture and/or imagery processing
- Two years of experience employing GPUs for near-real time processing of data
- Three years of experience in developing RESTful services
- Must have served on a team that demonstrated ability to deliver alpha and beta quality code to the Government in time frames less then one month, and production quality code in three-month time frames
- Experience with micro-service based, scalable architecture
- Experience successful developing and deploying capability in container-based services such as Docker and container orchestration such as Kubernetes
- Experience developing and deploying data analytics capability within an enterprise
- Experience developing and deploying data analytics capability that uses in machine learning
- Experience with delivery on AWS or an equivalent service
- Experience with delivery of services in hybrid cloud/on-premises infrastructures
- Experience as a lead software architect in environments featuring hybrid cloud/on-premises infrastructures
We are seeking a Solution Architect/Engineer to join our team supporting a NGA contract in Springfield, VA.
This acquisition will provide continued sustainment of Hyperion while simultaneously providing development, integration, deployment of new Knowledge and Analytic modeling capabilities. Knowledge and Analytic modeling are key components of a larger Enterprise Analytic Platform within the Analytic Services project. These modeling capabilities provide analysts the tools necessary for capturing information and assertions about objects and activities, insights and situational awareness on adversary activities, anticipatory and predictive intelligence, and value-driven collections to support supplier allocation and GEOINT data acquisition decisions.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Springfield, Va
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Low
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Clearance requirement: TS/SCI OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.