Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Containerization and/or Orchestration
- API Development
- Cloud Native Development, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or similar Cloud Service providers
- Demonstrated experience with relational database development.
- Must have minimum of 3 years or more experience with agile and lean philosophies, with experience serving as scrum or team lead a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration (CI/CD) techniques, test-driven development, or automated testing practices.
- Bachelor's degree with 10 years relevant experience
- Possesses at least one of the Agile Development Certifications
Certified Scrum Master
Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
Certified Scrum Professional
- Demonstrated experience working independently with clients or stakeholders to develop user-stories in support of full-service consumer and business applications.
- Demonstrated experience in integration and tailoring of geospatial Commercial Off- The-Shelf (COTS) software applications; specialized software and database development and maintenance; integration of related specialized hardware; engineering studies to identify and remedy geodata processing bottlenecks.
- Demonstrated experience with government and/or commercial imagery products, to include SAR or related RADAR imaging technologies.
- Demonstrated experience working with and developing geospatial information systems (GIS) to include open-source and proprietary geospatial formats
- Demonstrated experience in use and development with common geospatial tools, data, and operating platforms. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Tools - Boundless Spatial suite, Remote View, PostGRES/PostGIS, Oracle Spatial and/or other geospatial databases, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, Image Server, and File Geodatabases.
- Data formats including KML, KMZ, NITF, TIFF, JPEG, GeoPDF, and similar geo-related formats and data structures.
- Operating Platforms - ESRI, OpenGeo Suite, or similar.
- In-depth experience abstracting new or legacy systems via standards-based API's to include web services. Including but not limited to Open Geospatial Consortium standards.
- Demonstrated experience in at least one of the following:
- Developing terrain analysis visualization and algorithms.
- Developing automated detection algorithms.
- IAT II (Server+, Security+/Will provide HDI and ITIL Training)
We are seeking a Senior - Software Engineer IV to join our team supporting the NGA Software Aqua Badge Engineering Resources (SABER II) Task Order in the St. Louis Missouri Metro area.
As a Software Engineer IV, candidate must have senior knowledge and senior hands-on experience in developing, implementing and leading software programs. As a senior developer, this labor competency is responsible for creating, maintaining and/or improving the performance of existing software code, with duties to design and update software databases under contract and direction from the assigned Government Lead. Astute ability in writing test scripts, and test-driven development in an agile software development environment, where built-in automated test procedures are paramount and continuous integration of software and continuous delivery of software.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Louis Missouri Metro
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Citizenship: U.S. Citizenship
Clearance requirement: Active TS/SCI OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.