Responsibilities & Qualifications
The goal of this Task Order is to provide the Government with information technology support services to maintain and sustain the TIMS application. This Task Order will encompass both support of existing applications and development of new, or enhancement of, existing applications.
BSEE requires a broad range of information technology application development and integration services to maintain the existing inventory of TIMS applications and provide services to identify, design, develop, and deploy IT solutions that meet BSB business requirements and needs. All solutions must optimize the use of the existing IT infrastructure and platforms.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Will serve as the Lead for this Task Order and manage all business analysis, design, architecture, application development, integration activities under this Task Order.
- Guide development teams on planning, estimation, prioritization, trade-offs, balancing technical debt, and meeting project milestones.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams from all Task Orders to identify and mitigate technical risks.
- Improve overall engineering quality through CI/CD, establishment and adherence to quality procedures, staff performance management, and establishing and upholding best practices for the team.
- Establish and Enforce code review and testing standards.
- Ensure appropriate staffing and assignment of tasks to developer staff.
- Apply strong verbal and written communication skills to articulate development progress, risks, mitigations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or similar technical discipline or 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- 5+ years of experience in Agile software development and applying software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- 5+ years of experience developing software in Oracle Fusion, Java, J2EE or similar technologies.
- 3+ years of experience managing developer teams with scale and scope similar to this Task Order.
We are seeking a Technical Support Manager to join our team supporting Application Development and Support Services.
TekSynap is a fast-growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any vaccination requirements mandated by contract, applicable law or regulation.
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: New Orleans, LA or Telework
- Type of environment: Office, Remote, Varies
- Noise level: (Low, Medium, High) Low
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: 10% or less
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Citizenship - USA
Clearance requirement - None OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.