Responsibilities & Qualifications RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluates, recommends, and implements automated test tools and strategies.
- Designs, implements, and conducts test and evaluation procedures to ensure system requirements are met.
- Develops, maintains, and upgrades automated test scripts and architectures for application products. Also writes, implements, and reports status for system test cases for testing. Analyzes test cases and provides regular progress reports.
- Serves as a subject matter specialist providing testing know-how for the support of user requirements of complex to highly complex software/hardware applications.
- Directs and/or participates in all phases of risk management assessments and software/hardware development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design, and test tools selection.
- Designs, plans, creates, executes, and provides SOS test reports.
- Reviews government test plans and test reports for technical competence, effectiveness, and compliance with standards.
- Observes and evaluates the execution of customer acceptance test activities.
- Performs integration activities involving developed application software.
- Identifies and documents problems and issues, providing specific guidance on root-cause and remediation.
- Analyzes the requirements for each test event and shall assist in the scheduling of the SOS non-operational environments test assets.
- Supports and assists in the execution of FBI-conducted security certification testing of SOS systems and components.
- Supports the presentation and formal review or audit of test results, providing briefing and decision support material.
- Using FBI-supplied software configuration management control tools, accepts developed software code and integrates the code into builds (i.e., incremental releases) to support test, integration, deployment, and cut-in to operations activities.
- Maintains and provides controls for multiple test software and hardware baselines.
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in an IT discipline preferred
- Active DoD Secret Clearance Required
- Working knowledge of supporting applications Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo).
- Must have experience working in an Agile development team.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize effectively, multitask, and manage time appropriately.
- Results oriented, independently driven, self-motivated with advanced analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.
- Strong communicator, ability to concisely communicate complex information.
We are seeking a Test Engineer to join our team supporting the FBI's Criminal Justice Information Services Division.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Remote/Clarksburg, WV
- Type of environment: Office & Remote
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Secret Security clearance required OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact email@example.com for assistance.