Responsibilities & Qualifications
We provide operation and maintenance support for all mission applications they support. The scope for this task order includes all required tasks to maintain all listed solutions (e.g. maintaining and modifying the user interface, database, data transmissions, and business rules) and to ensure their operability for their users. It consists of, but is not limited to, system and security administrative activities, tasks, and activities for maintaining and potentially adding system interfaces to each solution and providing operational user support and training. In addition, this includes support for iterative functional enhancements and/or modernizing or streamlining the solutions as needed.
Solutions expected for work on this contract include, but are not limited to, the following individualRESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion.
- Responsible for coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
- Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs.
- Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes.
- Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration, and test.
- Develops new business or expands the product line with the customer.
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Develops overall program plans, guidance, and procedures necessary to adequately provide support required by diverse technical, administrative and program functions and operation of organizations similar to NRC.
- Reviews IT support requirements, determines the necessary skills and personnel resources, formulates policies and procedures necessary to achieve effective project planning and control, budget projections and quality assurance;
- Meets with management, technical and operating personnel within client organizations to review requirements, present proposed action plans and to discuss and resolve technical, administrative and management problems and issues;
- Evaluates proposed computer systems to determine technical feasibility, costs for development and functional adequacy.
- Responsible for ensuring those contractor personnel providing services under this contract are kept abreast of emerging technologies that could impact the Agency's architecture.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years experience managing a software O&M and development program utilizing Agile
- At least 5 years of system development or architecture experience preferably with Angular, and .net framework.
- Detail understanding of the software development, database, and relational data concepts
- 15+ years of relevant experience, including 3+ years experience as a Program Manager
- Demonstrated ability for oral and written communication with the highest levels of management
- Demonstrated successful working knowledge and supervision of employees of various labor categories and skills in efforts similar in size and scope as referenced under this program.
- Knowledge of industry accepted standards and best practices related to O&M and migration
- Knowledge of FAR regulations and requirements
- Knowledge of Federal network and system security requirements
- Demonstrated experience in a Federal IT environment
- Experience managing performance-based contract TOs
- Demonstrated experience with the Agile and ITIL v4 frameworks
- Must be able to successfully pass drug screening
- Must be able to obtain Public Trust
- Obtain Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Expert Level or equivalent Certification within 1 year of the date of hire
- Agile and / or Scrum certification preferred
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification preferred
We are seeking a Senior Program Manager to join our team supporting NRC BPA MAS in Rockville, MD.
The Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) GLobal INfrastructure and Development Acquisition (GLINDA) provides a wide variety of Information Technology (IT) support services to the NRC Headquarters located in Rockville, MD; with four Regional Offices. TekSynap is currently pursuing work at the NRC to support maintenance and operation for Mission Applications Systems (MAS) Operations and Maintenance program. MAS is a suite of tools built on a variety of platforms and it includes: Enterprise Project Management System (EPM), replacement Reactor Program System (RRPS or RPS), Enterprise Docket Management System (EDMS), and Mission Analytics Portal (MAP). Collectively, these tools enable the agency to effectively perform its mission to regulate the nation's civilian use nuclear materials. They provide direct and indirect support for the agency's federal nuclear reactor and materials regulation programs by providing planning, scheduling, reporting, and analysis tools for inspection activities at nuclear power reactor and fuel facilities in the U.S.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any vaccination requirements mandated by contract, applicable law or regulation.
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Rockville,MD (possible telework)
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Must be a U.S. Citizen
Must be successfully be able to obtain a Public Trust OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact email@example.com for assistance.