Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS Clearance Required:
- Provides quality assurance reviews of all products to ensure the quality of products developed for the Board are free of errors - this includes technical editing, grammar, and information graphics.
- Provides general expertise on a variety of topics in support of Board activities, including technical editing of white papers on cybersecurity related topics, Subcommittee and working panel support, and technically accurate and readable notes from all Board meetings and Subcommittee meetings.
- Supports the production of interim, draft, and final reports, to include a non-public report (potentially at a classified level). This includes but not limited to draft outlines, annotations, report templates, and relevant graphics, and assist in pulling together all recommendations into the report format for final board review.
- Assists with technical editing of requested white papers/reports within three (3) business days of request and the Government will allow additional time for more in-depth white papers/reports.
- Quality checks, edits and produces documents with minimal to no error products to support all aspects of Board work in alignment with government expectations.
Jr. Technical Writer will require DHS Fitness. Sr. Technical Writer will require TS/SCIDegree and Years of Experience:
Several positions are available, ranging from an Bachelor's degree with 2 years of experience through a Senior position with a Bachelor's degree and 6-8 years of experience. Required Skills:
- The Senior Technical Writer will have experience providing oversight of management and program and project resources.
- The Senior Technical Writer will have experience with the responsibility of managing the program team and daily operations of project development.
- Experience reviewing work products and assisting in the review and development of Cyber deliverables, documentation, and reporting.
- Experience with technical editing of policies and procedures that satisfy enterprise-wide information security requirements based on government and commercial requirements.
- Experience with technical editing, providing quality control and publication of information assurance documentation (including system security plans, security policies, test and evaluation, incident response, disaster recovery, contingency plan, insider threat, and other security related plans.)
- Shall be proficient in common applications, such as MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Word.
- Experience supporting VIP Customers and working in a fast-paced high demand environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
We are seeking a Technical Writer to support our DHS CISA CSRB contract in Arlington, VA. The team primarily supports the Stakeholder Engagement Division of CISA and its work in support of the administration of the Cyber Safety Review Board. The team shall assist the Government with strategy formulation, policy development, performance and project management, and technical support that SED requires to protect the homeland.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com.
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here.
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job InformationCOMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Arlington, VA/Telework
- Type of environment: Office and Remote depending on client requirements
- Noise level: Low
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Must be a US CitizenOTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact email@example.com for assistance.