Responsibilities & Qualifications
- On a complex Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)-based software development program, serve as a Solution Architect/Engineer, defining and communicating a shared technical and architectural vision across a Solution Train to ensure our client solution is fit for its intended purpose. Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product owners, developers, testers, and other stakeholders, to ensure the successful delivery of high-quality software products or systems.
- Lead all program on client System Engineering efforts, including cross-functional teams
- Analyze requirements, concepts of operations documents, and high level architectures to develop system requirements specifications
- Analyze system requirements and leads design and development activities
- Negotiate scope and resolve challenges via planning adjustments
- Provide visibility into progress and impediments
- Facilitate program level processes and execution. Facilitate problem-solving to manage risk, remove impediments, drive program-level continuous improvement, validate system characteristics, properties and behaviors, and enable early feedback
- Guide product owners in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
- Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design and technology. Incorporate new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations
- Develop system architecture and system design documentation. Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans
- Interact with the government regarding systems engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues, or conflicts
- Responsible for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the system engineering area of responsibility
- Communicate with other program personnel, government, overseers, and senior executives
- Years of Experience: 12+ with PhD, 16+ with MS, 18+ with BS
- Clearance Requirements: TS/ SCI with eligibility for Polygraph
- Systems Engineering experience with customer, or within the National System for Geospatial-Intelligence (NSG)
- Experience coordinating a cross-functional Agile development teams utilizing the principles and tools of the scrum framework, that analyze, develop debug, test, configure, and deploy software solutions in a cloud based (AWS) continuous integration/development (CI/CD) environment
- Ability to lead the design and architecture of software solutions using the principles of the SAFe framework, including identifying and analyzing system requirements, defining system components, modules, interfaces, and data flows, and creating technical specifications.
- Ability to work closely with Agile teams to ensure that the solution architecture aligns with the product roadmap and business objectives.
- Experience defining and implementing strategies for integrating software components, systems, and applications, including designing and implementing APIs, data integrations, and middleware.
- Proven ability to select appropriate technologies, frameworks, and tools based on project requirements, industry best practices, and SAFe guidelines, and provide technical guidance to development teams.
- Experience collaborating with DevOps teams to ensure seamless deployment, automation, monitoring, and scaling of software solutions, and drive continuous improvement in software development practices.
- Proven successes with stakeholder Management: Collaboration with product owners, business analysts, and other stakeholders to gather and analyze requirements, provide technical recommendations, and ensure alignment of solution architecture with business goals.
- Ability to provide guidance, mentoring, and coaching to development teams on SAFe practices, solution architecture, customer an NSG architecture, and technical best practices.
- Ability to and maintain technical documentation, including architecture diagrams, design documents, and user guides, to ensure the proper understanding and maintenance of the software solutions.
- Proven experience as a Solution Architect or Engineer, with a strong background in designing and implementing software solutions using Agile methodologies
- Strong understanding of software architecture and design principles, including object-oriented programming, design patterns, and integration patterns
- Knowledge of DevOps practices, including CI/CD, version control, automated testing, and deployment automation
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional, distributed team environment
- SAFe certification (e.g., SAFe Agilist, SAFe Program Consultant, etc.) is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze complex technical requirements and provide innovative solutions
- Ability to adapt to changing business requirements and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to influence and guide teams towards achieving project goals and deliverables
- Highly motivated, self-learner, and technically inquisitive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Recognized Industry Leader in their area of expertise
We are seeking a Lead Systems Engineer
to join our team supporting our IC customer in Oakton, VA.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Oakton, VA TekSynap offices
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%-25%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Clearance requirement: TS/SCI, eligible for Poly OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact email@example.com for assistance.