Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco, Aruba, Juniper, And Brocade/Extreme/Ruckus network infrastructure
- Configuration and troubleshooting of wired network devices such as firewalls, switches and routers from Cisco, Aruba, and Juniper.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of security and network access control platforms such as Firewalls, RADIUS, TACACS+, 2-Factor Authentication (2FA) and IDS/IPS solutions.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of network services such as DNS and DHCP.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of network monitoring and management applications such as SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor, Aruba Central, Mist AI, Cisco Prime, Cisco DNA Center, and Syslog.
- Design and configuration of both physical and virtual test lab environments to be used for systems design, solutions/vendor comparison and validation.
- Create and/or update detailed documents and diagrams including Design Documents, Implementations Plans and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex network and application issues.
- Position will manage technical requirements and business development
- Work with technical and implementation teams to facilitate solution development
- Engage with potential customers to determine hot buttons, determine key stakeholders
- Ensure program deliverables are submitted in a timely manner and are of high quality
- Provide weekly status reports
- Work both within a team and individually with minimal supervision.
- 10 years of experience
- DoD Secret Clearance Required
- Cisco CCNA Route/Switch or higher
- CompTIA Security+
We are seeking a Network Engineer to join our team supporting TekSynap across multiple programs including the Information Transport Support II and Wired and Wireless LAN/WLAN Upgrades at MTF for DHA programs
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the upmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Remote
Type of environment: Remote/Varies
Noise level: Low
Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
Amount of Travel: up to minimum 50% and up to100% travel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
US Citizenship Required
DOD Secret Clearance Required
Must have or be able to pass the Veterans Administration Background Investigation
Must be able to pass a drug screening
Individuals must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.