Responsibilities & Qualifications RESPONSIBILITIES
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco, Aruba, Brocade (Extreme), or Juniper wireless infrastructure including Wireless Controllers and Access Points (AP's)
- Configuration and troubleshooting of wired network devices such as firewalls, switches and routers from Aruba, Cisco, Brocade, and Juniper preferred.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of security and network access control platforms and technologies including Firewalls, RADIUS, TACACS+, and AAA.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of network services such as DNS and DHCP.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of network monitoring and management applications such as SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor, Cisco Prime, Cisco DNA Center and Syslog.
- Design and configuration of both physical and virtual test lab environments to be used for systems design, solutions/vendor comparison and validation.
- Create and/or update detailed documents and diagrams including Design Documents, Implementations Plans and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex network and application issues.
- Work both within a team and individually with minimal supervision.
- Fifteen (15) years of hands-on experience configuring IP LAN and/or 802.11 Wireless LAN Systems, to include three (3) of the following four (4) OEM: Cisco, Brocade (Extreme), Juniper, Aruba (Hewlett Packard)
- Recognized expert who has demonstrated industry and public service leadership in LAN or Wireless LAN communications infrastructure or configuration.
- 15 years of experience in enterprise network design and implementation.
- 15 years of experience supporting enterprise wired or wireless network environments.
- Significant experience with various switching principals including Spanning Tree, VLANs, 802.1q Trunking, and 802.3ad Link Aggregation.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the configuration and troubleshooting of wired and wireless network devices from Cisco, Aruba, Juniper, and Brocade OEM Solutions.
- Familiarity with AAA network services, solutions, or equivalent network access control applications.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Application including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
- Technical training in LAN or Wireless LAN communications
We are seeking a LAN - WLAN Subject Matter Expert (SME) 4 to join our team supporting DHA Information Transport III.
Naval Information Warfare Center Atlantic (NIWC Atlantic) delivers management, systems engineering, finance, logistics, and quality assurance services to Defense Health Agency (DHA) Infrastructure & operations and a triennial technical refresh of the Military Treatment Facilities (MTF) infrastructure at 130 Military Treatment Facilities worldwide.
This includes cable plant infrastructure, Local Area Network (LAN) electronics, Wireless LAN (WLAN) capability, and WLAN engineering services to DHA LAN / WLAN Deployment Section, and WLAN sustainment services to the DHA LAN / WLAN Sustainment Section.
Support also encompasses maintenance of the Department of Defense (DoD) Risk Management Framework - type accreditation for the DHA WLAN 2.0 type accreditation and for future DHA WLAN increments; support compliance with DoD and Military Health System (MHS) Information Assurance (IA) standards, maximize standardization, interchangeability, and commonality, and provide remote, on-call engineering support to deployed MHS WLAN systems.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location: Remote, Travel to multiple site locations
Type of environment: Office, Remote, Varies
Noise level: (Low, Medium, High)
Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
Amount of Travel: between 75%-100% Travel PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job,
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- May require climbing, working at heights and in small, confined spaces such as under raised floors, inside closets and server racks.
- The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds.
- The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Citizenship - US Citizenship Required
Clearance requirement - Secret Clearance EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.