Responsibilities & QualificationsResponsibilites:
- Perform all secured VoIP/AV/VTC deployments using Government supplied and/or other approved hardware.
- Perform to develop secured AV/VTC baselines, replacements, and enhancements.
- Provide user level maintenance support for secured AV/VTC and multimedia services. After hours/on-call support may be required.
- Execute and oversee to provide continuity in the functionality of operation related to VoIP/AV/VTC services.
- Oversee and manage global services for secured AV/VTC through coordination, troubleshooting, and management of users.
- Provide Standard and Advanced AV/VTC Support for hardware/software configuration, troubleshooting and problem resolution Enterprise wide. Provide technical support for AV/VTC update software installation and configuration issues and provide resolution.
- Coordinate and contact appropriate vendor repair personnel for warranty and/or proprietary repairs, as required. Explain and demonstrate the malfunction to the appropriate equipment/hardware vendor responding to the warranty call. Verify that the repairs made by the servicing vendor are proper and fix the problem.
- Provide senior-level expertise to onsite support technicians in the setup and deployment of AV/VTC systems to all locations as required.
- Research potential impacts for upgrades and implementation of AV/VTC products currently in use including: patches, upgrades, service packs and applications. Provide recommendations to limit customer downtime.
- Respond to CERT Advisories, Bulletins and Tasking, and ensure all AV/VTC equipment and transmissions are secure from vulnerabilities.
- Collaborate and assist to create equipment configuration guidelines to ensure standard equipment configurations throughout the agency.
- Required Active TS/SCI clearance.
- Education and Experience Level: High School Diploma with 10-14 years of experience; Bachelor's degree with 4-8 years of experience; or a Master's degree with 2-4 years of experience.
- Experience with supporting UC communications solutions, including voice, video, and the supporting infrastructure.
- Experience with VoIP and SIP-based communications, including Cisco and Microsoft Teams.
- Experience with supporting real time and on-demand streaming infrastructure.
- Experience with supporting Microsoft Teams Rooms.
- Experience with working on an enterprise ticketing system.
- Experience with PowerShell and other command line programming languages.
- Knowledge of advanced networking fundamentals in support of real time media delivery.
- Experience with leading or supervising a team and working as part of an integrated product team (IPT) to deliver services to customers.
- Ability to conduct in-depth technical and non-technical conversations concerning work.
- Ability to convey technical and non-technical discussions into easily understandable and grammatically correct written documentation.
We are seeking a Journeyman VoIP and Video Services Engineer
to join our team supporting DHS in the DC Metro area, or at Stennis Space Center, MS.
Members to lead, collaborate, and deliver secured, on-site Video Operations and Communication Center operation in support of VTC and A/V services at designated Government facilities.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: DC Metro area, or at Stennis Space Center, MS.
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: (Low, Medium, High)
- Work schedule: Regular daytime shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs
Amount of Travel: less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Active TS/SCI clearance OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact email@example.com for assistance.