Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Software development center, responsible for delivering Software as a Service (SaaS) products and capabilities that drive maximum utility and efficiency to our Mission Partners.
- Leverage cloud environments, enterprise frameworks and tools (STS, SAL, iCAM, SecDevOps, DevOps, etc.) to seamlessly build, deploy, operate and maintain products and services, using an Agile framework.
- Provide full software build to include front and back-end system and sub-system components.
- Perform development activities in accordance with the Sponsor's regulations and policies.
- Apply knowledge of usability and accessibility standards, user research, and user-centered design principles to optimize application interface designs.
- Perform development activities in accordance with the Sponsor's regulations regarding accessibility standards for Information Technology as codified by the Accessibility Standards and Accessibility Test Criteria establish by the IT Accessibility Program Office.
- Perform the self-evaluation of the IT capabilities and report the Accessibility Scores to the Sponsor (CDRL 001).
- Create, update and maintain engineering and support documentation, as approved by the Sponsor, for assigned projects and programs for the lifespan of all projects and services.
- Monitor and take responsive actions on application and support environment level alarms and audit events. Assess mission partner requirements, identify dependencies, gaps, and develop responsive project plans approved by the Sponsor.
- Brief the Sponsor on status of assigned projects and programs as needed and per CDRL 001. Support other software development functions as required by the Sponsor.
- Demonstrated experience with these development languages: Java, NodeJS, and Angular.
- Active TS/SCI + Poly clearance
- Bachelor's degree and 12 years of experience. Work experience can be used/combined with education
- Experience automating and scripting using Bash and Terraform.
- Experience troubleshooting complex issues with managing and deploying applications in the cloud.
- Experience with REST Web services and SOAP Web services.
- Experience with Spring, Spring Security and Hibernate frameworks.
- Experience with AWS CloudFormation Templates, Load Balancer, Autoscaling, Security Groups, S3 and KMS.
- Experience automating configuration and provisioning of cloud resources.
- Experience OpenSSL and TLS encryption protocols.
- Experience administering databases like MySQL.
- Experience administering no-SQL databases like MongoDB.
- Experience installing and managing Apache, Tomcat and Express servers
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our team in Herndon, VA.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Herndon, VA
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is Monday- Friday, dayshift. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Active TS/SCI + Poly Clearance OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact email@example.com for assistance.