Responsibilities & Qualifications
The Sponsor needs multiple cyber security professionals to conduct penetration testing and ethical hacking, to target, assess, and exploit risk and vulnerabilities of information systems.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides a highly technical and in-depth penetration testing service, in support of enterprise cyber security equities.
- Requires support specializing in penetration testing and ethical hacking, to target, assess, and exploit risk and vulnerabilities of information systems.
- The intent is to provide senior decision makers with documented and actionable data to aid in making strategic investment decisions.
- The team will document all identified system risks, planned test procedures, and results; perform analyses of vulnerabilities identified during testing; and review program-level documentation (e.g., requirements specification, system architecture, design documents, test plans, security plans, etc.).
- They will recommend changes to program-level documentation with an eye to reducing system vulnerabilities, create and document penetration testing plans and procedures, and approved testing plans and procedures to conduct hands-on penetration testing.
- The team will also analyze test results, document risks, and recommend countermeasures to uncovered risks; participate or lead technical exchange meetings and application review boards; document action items and results from technical exchange meetings and application review boards; and brief management on the status of action items and results of activities.
- Active TS/SCI + Poly
- BA/BS degree - in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline. Work experience can be used/combined with education.
- Experience in cyber security or related IT field
- Experience with cyber penetration testing
- Experience applying computer attack methods and system exploitation techniques
- Working knowledge of cyber security principles for Linux, Windows, and virtual platforms
- Experience designing, testing, or implementing IT security architecture
- Experience performing network security analysis
- Experience analyzing network architectures
- Experience using network management tools
- Experience leveraging adversarial tactics to conduct hands-on security testing
- Experience developing risk management methodologies
- Experience analyzing test results to develop risk and threat mitigation plans
- Experience testing or reviewing system configuration, development, and design specifically around enterprise systems and hypervisors
- Experience designing, testing, or implementing complex Windows installations
- Experience participating in public and private information security groups and organizations
- Experience communicating vulnerability results and risk posture to senior executives
- Experience researching, evaluating, and developing security policies and guidance
- Experience performing complex technical tasks with minimal direction
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
- Global Information Assurance Certification Penetration Tester (GPEN)
We are seeking a Cyber Security Engineer to join our team in Herndon, VA.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Herndon, VA
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is Monday- Friday, dayshift. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Active TS/SCI + Poly Clearance OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact email@example.com for assistance.