Responsibilities & Qualifications RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oracle APEX Development
- Create, design, update, document and implement logical and physical database changes.
- Conduct meetings with Stakeholders to clarify and understand business requirements
- Establish the high-level sprint schedule
- Design and implement design solutions based on industry best practices.
- Utilize existing SOA services where feasible. build new SOA services, APIs and microservices when applicable and ensure the code is modular, re-usable, and portable.
- Modify or write new on-line programs, unit test cases, batch programs, interfaces, configuration changes, and reports. Build unit tests and integration tests as necessary.
- Ensure proper exception handling and appropriate logging.
- Identify and resolve information assurance weaknesses and vulnerabilities.
- Perform peer code reviews and ensure automation build failures resulting from code issues are resolved.
- Plans, directs and monitors the work of team members.
- Sets priorities to meet the needs of users.
- Formulates/defines system scope and objectives.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations.
- Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs.
- Participates in related areas, such as such as design, implementation, integration, management, and maintenance of complex databases, with respect to the operating system, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, guidelines, and statistical methods; evaluation of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products; and analysis of hardware/software issues.
- May direct the work of other developers.
- APEX development and integration experience
- Proficiency in SQL and PL/SQL
- Proficiency in Oracle Database management is essential. This includes understanding database architecture, SQL, PL/SQL and database design principles.
- 8 years of technical experience in applications software development, 3 of which are in systems analysis, and 1 year of which is acting as technical lead.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Computer Science or area related to the project's functional requirement.
- DOI Background Investigation, Entry on Duty
- Mastery of Oracle APEX development, including experience creating interactive web applications, reports, charts and dashboards.
- In depth knowledge of APEX components and plugins
- Experience with APEX security features and user management.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate APEX applications with other systems and technologies, including web services and external data sources.
- Expertise in optimizing APEX applications and SQL queries for performance
- Proficiency in using version control systems like Git for managing APEX application code
- Familiarity with RESTful and SOAP web services development for integration purposes
- Strong skills in SQL for querying and manipulating data in Oracle databases.
- Proficiency in PL/SQL for developing stored procedures, triggers and functions.
- Ability to design and implement database structures, including tables, indexes and constraints, to ensure data integrity and optimal performance.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team supporting DOI BSEE TIMS contract in New Orleans, LA.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the upmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".
BOEM and BSEE are responsible for managing the nation's offshore energy, minerals, and natural resources on the Federal Outer Continental Shelf (OCS). BSEE promotes safety, protects the environment, and conserves resources offshore through vigorous regulatory oversight and enforcement. BOEM manages the responsible exploration and development of offshore energy and marine mineral resources on the OCS. OCS production accounts for about 18 percent of domestic crude oil and four percent of domestic natural gas supply.Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: New Orleans, LA
- Type of environment: Office, Telework may be available
- Noise level: (Low-Medium)
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Positions require a DOI Entrance on Duty (EOD) OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.