Responsibilities & Qualifications
The CSFC Solutions Engineer would assist and support with the development, configuration, testing, and evaluation of Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC) solutions used to secure government customers' classified data and networks. The Engineer will work individually and as a member of a team to configure network, software, and hardware networking components and security appliances and applications to meet DoD requirements and support their installation and initialization onsite in the customers' environments.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Architecting Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC) compliant solutions that meet NSA, DoD, and customer requirements.
- Be able to develop and modify system scripts.
- Write standardized system documentation, including configuration guides, test procedures, test results, and training materials.
- Provide onsite training to technical and non-technical users on the daily use, management, and troubleshooting of the solution after installation.
- Support all Cross-Domain solution requirements
- Collaborate with other operations departments to design approved infrastructure
- Serve as the escalation contact during large outages for Tier 2 and 3 systems.
- Author systems Engineering Design Packages including detailed implementation project plans and procedures.
- Configures systems, software, and hardware components to meet NSA CSfC, NIAP, and DoD requirements
- Performs systems design and systems integration
- Designs, develops, implements, tests and maintains complex secure communications systemss
- Configuring/managing PKI Certificate Authorities for CSfC solutions
- Configuring Certificate Authority (ISC CertAgent/MS Windows Server/Red Hat Certificate systems)
- Configuring firewalls, Intrusion Prevention/Detection systems, vpn gateways, wireless controllers from various vendors (e.g., Aruba, Cisco, Palo Alto, SonicWALL, Juniper)
- Document configuration, test procedure, results, and training materials
- Preparing test reports and configuration documentation according to customer standards.
- Providing customer on-site training on solution daily use, management, and troubleshooting
- Providing customer on-site solution installation and integration
- Manage contractors and vendors during the implementation phase.
- Provide tier 2 and 3 support as part of a technical team.
- Identify and recommend hardware and support solutions based on research and analysis of new technologies, interfacing with customers and vendors.
- Provide technical expertise to sales engineering teams during complex systems developments.
- Serves as Systems Integrator for the various contracts within the DoD
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to the company.
- Apply DoD STIGs and IAVAs
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- 10 or more years of experience in Engineering
- Professional Systems Certification (e.g., MCSA, Linux, etc)
- MA/MS = 10 years; BA/BS =12 years
- Secret Clearance level with completed T5 investigation
- IAT-III DOD 8570 Certification CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH, CCSP
We are seeking a Senior Engineer to join our team supporting Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM) in Honolulu, HI.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any vaccination requirements mandated by contract, applicable law or regulation.Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Honolulu, HI
- Type of environment: Office
- Please note, access for the office location for the position requires individuals to ascend and descend three flights of stairs. There is no access to an elevator or ramp.
- Noise level: Low
- Work schedule: OCONUS Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs,
- Amount of Travel: Less than 20%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
United States Citizenship
Secret Clearance requirement OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.