Responsibilities & Qualifications
BOEM and BSEE are responsible for managing the nation's offshore energy, minerals, and natural resources on the Federal Outer Continental Shelf (OCS). BSEE promotes safety, protects the environment, and conserves resources offshore through vigorous regulatory oversight and enforcement. BOEM manages the responsible exploration and development of offshore energy and marine mineral resources on the OCS. OCS production accounts for about 18 percent of domestic crude oil and four percent of domestic natural gas supply. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use proven, efficient methodologies to support the Oracle and Structured Query Language (SQL) databases
- Design and develop comprehensive database schemas, encompassing tables, views, indexes, triggers, stored procedures, functions, and other essential objects.
- Craft efficient and optimized SQL queries, generate insightful reports, and seamlessly integrate data across various systems and applications.
- Collaborate closely with end users and administrators to gain an understanding of their data needs, proactively optimize database performance, and uphold data quality standards.
- Continuously monitor and optimize database performance through query tuning, index optimization, and resource management to ensure optimal efficiency and responsiveness.
- Implement and enforce data security measures, including access controls, encryption, and authentication, to safeguard sensitive information and maintain compliance with relevant regulations
- Create and maintain data models that accurately represent the organization's data structure and relationships, helping to guide database design decisions.
- Document database architecture, configurations, and processes to ensure that knowledge is well-documented and can be easily transferred to other team members.
- Develop and maintain Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes to move, transform, and load data from various sources into the database, ensuring data consistency and quality.
- Perform capacity planning for future data growth and resource requirements, and plan for scaling the database infrastructure accordingly.
- Plan and execute database migrations, ensuring minimal disruption to business operations.
- Diagnose and resolve database-related issues, working closely with developers, system administrators, and other relevant teams to address technical challenges.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior database developers and team members, fostering skill development and best practices.
- Formulates/defines system scope and objectives.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations.
- Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those programs.
- Participates in related areas, such as such as design, implementation, integration, management, and maintenance of complex databases, with respect to the operating system, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, guidelines, and statistical methods; evaluation of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products; and analysis of hardware/software issues.
- May direct the work of others.
- Eight years of technical experience in applications software development, three of which are in systems analysis, and 1 year of which is acting as technical lead.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Computer Science or area related to the project's functional requirement
- Strong skills in SQL for querying and manipulating data in Oracle databases.
- Proficiency in PL/SQL for developing stored procedures, triggers and functions.
- Proficiency in Oracle Database management is essential. This includes understanding database architecture, SQL, PL/SQL and database design principles.
- Strong problem-solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve database-related issues
- Ability to design and implement database structures, including tables, indexes and constraints, to ensure data integrity and optimal performance.
- Understanding performance tuning techniques and the ability to optimize database performance
- Familiarity with Oracle tools and technologies like Oracle enterprise manager, Oracle Data Pump an Oracle Recovery Manager
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux and Windows Operating systems
- Ability to pass a United States Department of Interior
DOI Background Investigation and obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) US citizenship
We are seeking a Senior Database Developer to join our team supporting DOI BSEE TIMS contract in New Orleans, LA.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the upmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: New Orleans, LA
- Type of environment: Office, Telework may be available
- Noise level: (Low-Medium)
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Positions require a DOI Entrance on Duty (EOD) US citizenship OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.