Responsibilities & Qualifications RESPONSIBILITIES Servers
- Install, maintain, and upgrade servers such as Windows servers and other operating systems
- Maintain current baseline configurations on all server operating systems, and coordinate and document exceptions to baselines where necessary
- Provide application white-list management for all server software
- Support, maintain, and upgrade USITC's virtualization platform
- Support network infrastructure protocols including but not limited to DNS, DHCP, LDAP, NTP, Cloud Services
- Provide support for Cloud computing environments including but not limited to Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a service (IaaS), software as a Service (SaaS), and hybrid environments
- Work with Government personnel to support the migration of workloads of on-premises private cloud platforms to or from public cloud platforms
- Monitor Cloud environments for compliance with industry best practices and Commission security standards
- Integrate Cloud platforms with ITCNET using Active Directory Federation Services and SAML 0 single sign-on (SSO)
- Manage, maintain, and upgrade Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager site systems
- Provide support to the Commission's Security Operations Center for cybersecurity incidents and investigations
- Support and operate automated patch management and deployment mechanisms for all IT infrastructure Manual patching processes shall be documented and followed to supplement automated processes where gaps are identified.
- Ensure that all IT infrastructure components are fully patched, and that anti-virus software is installed and up to date supporting USITC policies
- Maintain current baseline configurations on all IT infrastructure Coordinate and document baseline exceptions to systems where necessary.
- Assist Government personnel in researching security vulnerability resolution and remediation strategies for IT infrastructure components and IT infrastructure
- Notify the appropriate contract and government personnel of any potential security incidents within timelines defined by USITC policies
- Assist with Government requests for information on security controls as requested by the Government
- Implement security controls, or make other changes to IT infrastructure components to address POAMs and audit findings
- Assist the USITC in the coordination of cybersecurity-related processes and activities for IT infrastructure These processes include, but are not limited to, Risk Management Framework (RMF) and system authorization, Cyber Incident Handling, System Life Cycle Management Processes (e.g., Engineering Change and Configuration Management), Vulnerability Management, Malware Protection, Security Assessments/Evaluations/Reviews, Continuous Monitoring.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the appropriate stakeholders to identify functional and technical requirements for new or enhanced network capabilities and/or services to support the USITC mission
- Work with Federal SMEs and technical leads to support the design, deployment, and management of new systems and services per Commission Change and Project Management policies
- Recommend new IT systems based on documented requirements set forth by the Commission
- Coordinate with Federal SMEs and technical leads to configure and test new system designs to ensure they meet the requirements and adjust them as needed
- Install, maintain, and upgrade Storage Area Network (SAN), backup hardware and software
- Identify problem areas affecting storage and backup systems
- Ensure records retention policies are implemented and enforced on storage and backup systems
- Support the rotation, storage, and off-site transfer and delivery of backup media Systems Engineering Support
- Bachelor's degree, Technical Certification, or Graduate of Technical/Trade School
- 6 years of experience in administration or relevant operating/software systems for tasking
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and other office software
- US Citizen
- Active Secret Clearance
We are seeking a Senior Windows Administrator to join our team supporting the US International Trade Commission's Information Technology Service Desk Support Services contract.
The contract provides and operates an integrated IT Service Desk (ITSD) and IT Support Services. These services support the current and future operational needs of the U.S. International Trade Commission's IT users and their systems.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well-planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to includes health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time, and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com . Apply now to explore jobs with us!Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Location: Washington, DC with little travel required to Sterling, VA
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Low - Medium
- Work schedule: The schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 5%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Active Secret Clearance OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance