Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Set clear expectations and goals for the service desk team, ensuring they meet or exceed performance targets.
- Provide ongoing training and professional development to enhance the team's skills.
- Champion a customer-first approach within the service desk, prioritizing customer satisfaction.
- Serve as the Tier 1 and Tier 2 point of contact for the Commission's users' IT needs via phone, email, walk-up, and any other means proposed by the Contractor.
- Interact with key government stakeholders, and end-users (including VIPs) to understand their IT needs and provide effective solutions.
- Develop and implement customer service strategies to enhance the overall experience.
- Define, track, and report on KPIs related to service desk operations, ensuring consistent achievement of defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Identify areas for improvement and lead initiatives to enhance service desk performance.
- Apply ITIL methodologies to service desk operations, aligning processes with ITIL standards.
- Collaborate with cross-functional IT teams to ensure the effective implementation of ITIL principles.
- Monitor and report on SLAs, driving continuous improvement based on ITIL guidance.
- Leverage the ITSM system (ServiceNow) to optimize incident, problem, and change management processes to maintain and support the operation and configuration.
- Act as the primary point of contact for ServiceNow-related queries and issues.
- Continuously improve and customize ServiceNow configurations and workflows.
- Implement Tier 0 self-service capability for user password resets, frequently asked questions (FAQs), and web-based entry for other requests and incidents.
- Manage and monitor all support request tickets. Track tickets until closure and update status regularly.
- Provide a Service Desk call center during the schedule.
- Maintain a searchable knowledge base of support information.
- Maintain a service catalog and self-service software request system.
- Provide user support via remote computer control on-site walk-up and deskside user support.
- Provide basic incident evaluation, fault isolation, analysis, and troubleshooting; resolve issues if possible, or escalate to the appropriate tier and support team based on SLA requirements.
- Notify users of network services status, planned outages, or other communications.
- Provide file access management and restore lost or damaged files in user-accessible locations.
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) for end users and end-user support. SOPs must be submitted to and approved by the contracting officer's representative (COR).
- Experience with desktop application management, programming languages, common operating systems, software proficiency, technical writing, and data analysis.
- Directory Federation Services and SAML 2.0 single sign-on (SSO).
- Proven track record of leadership and service delivery management or other relevant IT experience (min 5 years).
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs with demonstrated dedication to customer service and satisfaction.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent listening and presentation skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and analytical thinking.
- Hands-on experience with service desk and remote-capability software.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail.
- Possess IT/technical background and experience as an administrator on IT service desk software - help desk certification preferred, but not required.
- Experience in Tier 0 self-service capability, Tier 1 and 2 request/incident/problem management support for the Service Desk, and Tier 3 support for elevated technical issues.
- Manage the following: Provide full configuration, support, and maintenance of ServiceNow, which integrates with the existing USITC Active Directory for requests and SCCM for asset management. Process requests, incidents, and problems per SLAs.
- Manage the support for technology enhancements.
- Manage and provide end-user support services for hardware and software.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field (IT certifications in place of education will be considered, having both is ideal).
- US Citizen.
- Active Secret Clearance.
- ITIL Foundation certification or higher.
- PMP Certification
We are seeking a Service Desk Lead
to join our team supporting the US International Trade Commission's Information Technology Service Desk Support Services contract.
The contract provides and operates an integrated IT Service Desk (ITSD) and IT Support Services. These services support the current and future operational needs of the U.S. International Trade Commission's IT users and their systems.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time, and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com . Apply now to explore jobs with us!Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Location: Washington, DC with little travel required to Sterling, VA
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Low - Medium
- Work schedule: The schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 5%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Active Secret Clearance OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.