Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Director, Platform Engineering
The Associate Experience Technology Team is a fast-paced and passionate organization that is responsible for transforming the Associate Experience across Capital One. We design and deliver software solutions across a diverse technology landscape that consists of enterprise SaaS applications, OS Platforms, Web and Mobile applications and custom built enterprise solutions.
The Director, Platform Engineering for Content Management platforms is a highly visible leadership role expected to lead, mentor, and build an extremely talented technology team responsible for the quality of technical integration and operation of internally built and 3rd party Content Management platforms and repositories servicing the Enterprise of Capital One associates. This role is accountable for partnering with various teams (internal and 3rd party technical teams) in driving reviews and detailed analysis, developing and providing technical direction, defining and executing implementation plans and is accountable for the day-to-day work of managers and/or Senior Professionals or virtual teams. Success in the role requires an innovative mind, a proven track record of delivering large complex solutions, rigorous risk management discipline, strong analytical skills, and a passion to drive continuous improvement.
- Establish strategic direction for Content Management products.
- Partner cross-functionally with architecture, product owners, SaaS vendors, platform engineers and software engineers to develop roadmap and drive implementation of new features to augment digital experience for Content Management for all associates.
- Assess emerging technologies to determine where they fill gaps, overlap with existing solutions or extend capabilities. Influence roadmaps of SaaS products.
- Lead, manage and grow teams of process managers and platform engineers
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of associates on your teams
- Define and track Key Performance Indicators to drive continuous improvement
- Manage multiple tasks / projects in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Oversee planning and execution of workstreams in large, complex programs
- Manage complex troubleshooting efforts that cross multiple platforms (internal and external systems) and technical disciplines
- Develop a deep understanding of the business to influence technical solutions by quickly assessing and articulating risks
- Identify technical obstacles early and work closely with teams to find creative solutions
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to find and implement opportunities for automation
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 7 years of Platform Engineering experience
- At least 5 years of experience with Cloud technologies
- At least 5 years of people management experience
- Master's Degree
- 10+ years of technical project management, process management or software engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience with at least one of the following: Software Quality Assurance, Test Automation, DevOps
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).