Plano Town Center (31064), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Senior Manager-Technology Risk Manager
As a Senior Risk Manager in Capital One's Financial Services Technology Risk Operations and Control Management Department you will apply your project management and analytical skills to our highest profile Risk Management projects. You will lead a team of Risk Specialists responsible for working across the enterprise to develop and implement cutting edge Risk solutions to ensure Capital One's continued stability and success. Senior Risk Managers partner with Executives and their teams to identify potential Risks in an open, collaborative environment where new ideas and solutions are both welcomed and rewarded.
Senior Risk Managers at Capital One are highly motivated Risk Management professionals with excellent project management and communication skills. They have a high level of exposure across lines of business and the opportunity to work with Executives to create and implement innovative solutions to identify and mitigate potential risks to the Company. Responsibilities:
- Understanding, documenting and analyzing current state capabilities regarding one or more Risk methods. Leverage industry benchmarking to determine best practices and lessons learned regarding components of the Risk framework.
- Write and revise documents such as policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines. Develop and enhance processes, tools, templates, and job aides. Write, contribute to, edit, and deliver presentations that aid in the design, development, refinement, and usage of Risk methods.
- Collaborate effectively across multiple organizations such as Operational Risk Management, Enterprise Risk Management, Compliance, Business Risk Offices, Operational Risk Sub-Steward organizations, Information Technology, Basel Program, Internal Audit, Regulator Relations, etc. to achieve objectives.
Capital One Financial Services (FS) Technology Risk Operations and Controls organization is seeking a Senior Manager, Technology Risk Management
professional to join our team.
Technology Risk Management professionals at Capital One are the first line of defense to ensure our Company remains well-managed and profitable. They are highly motivated, experienced, credentialed Risk Management professionals that are forward thinking, quick to adapt, and technologically adept. These skills allow them to gain insights, and act as a change agent to influence technology partners.
As a member of the FSTech Risk Operations and Controls Team, the candidate will focus on reviews of critical technology functions including cloud-based technology, emerging technology, and cybersecurity risks. The candidate will have a high level of exposure across lines of business and have the opportunity to create and implement innovative solutions to appropriately mitigate risks within the Financial Services Technology organization. Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of Technology Risk Management Experience
- At least 5 years of Project Management experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- 6+ years of Project Management experience leading cross functional projects and programs in Risk, or Risk advisory
- 6+ years of IT audit experience with a big four consulting firm
- 4+ years experience with Technology Risk Management (Operational Risk, IT Internal ,External Audit, cyber and technology controls)
- 1+ years exposure with Cloud Computing (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- 5+ years of experience performing Control Self Assessments (CSAs), or completing assessments against established industry risk frameworks, including: the NIST Cybersecurity Framework, ISO, COBIT v5, or COSO
- PMP Certification or Masters Certificate of Project Management (CPM)
- 3+ years experience delivering technology and system implementation programs
- 3+ years experience with the regulatory framework governing the financial services industry
- 5+ experience managing and building a team
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).