West Creek 2 (12072), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Capital One is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Manager to join the Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) Team within the Operational Risk Management second line of defense. The TPRM team is a dedicated group of professionals whose mission is to provide value-add, independent stewardship of Capital One's third party management practices enabling Capital One to manage our Third Party Risk.
The Risk Manager role will lead the Risk Advice and Challenge function to the first line of defense. The overall TRPM team provides not only the governance structure for TPRM at Capital One, but also advice and effective challenge in all areas of Third Party Risk Management, from individual third party situations (e.g., monitoring actions, issues and events) to larger bodies of risk that may span a business area or an entire division (e.g., RCSA and DORR). As a Risk Manager, you and your team will also provide guidance to first line business areas and third party management on whether they are meeting Capital One's program requirements.
As part of the larger Operational Risk Management (ORM) organization, you will work with talented associates to provide oversight and effective challenge to ensure that our businesses effectively manage operational risk overall. This includes enabling our organizations to maintain a sustainable and holistic operational risk profile in order to deliver superior products while also protecting our customers. You'll also bring your unique perspective and experiences to help us be rigorous, curious and creative.
Risk Managers have a natural passion for managing risk with excellent project, process and analytical skills. With these skills, they serve as change agents to effectively challenge business leaders on our highest profile risk projects. Risk Managers partner with executives and other risk leaders to identify potential Risks in an open, collaborative environment where new ideas and solutions are both welcomed and rewarded. They are team leaders that inspire and empower their teams through openness and inclusion to think broadly about risk, informed consultation, and effective challenge.
Specific responsibilities of the TPRM Risk Manager include and are not limited to:
- Provides risk consulting to multiple Business Areas, effectively challenges and is a thought leader in providing guidance to implementing third party risk management practices
- Analyzes data and influences others to proactively identify risks and trends, provides oversight and guidance during risk assessment and reporting (e.g. RCSA and DORR) and during audits and exams
- Supports collaborative environments between other risk teams and various partner groups to create an integrated and seamless risk experience for the business (i.e. Compliance, IATPM, XDS, Business Continuity, etc.)
- Executes challenge activities to provide elevate areas of suspected risk and to gain assurance that risk-taking groups are appropriately representing their control environments
- Ensure results of challenge activities are properly documented and communicated, and perform and support detailed validation data analysis to include trending, problem identification, and development/completion of remediation plans
- Consults on Issue/Event analysis and reporting functions to observe trends and provide insights on changes to the Third Party risk environment
- Demonstrates problem-solving and analysis skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrates strong communication, collaboration, problem solving and influencing skills across various levels of the organization
- Balances multiple priorities to help drive business value and support team objectives, while managing tasks and activities related to risk management initiatives to support the Third Party Risk Management team in a well-managed capacity
- Is forward-leaning and stays current on the changing regulatory environment and understands the impacts to the businesses supporting
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 5 years of experience in Risk Management, Compliance, or Audit
- At least 3 years of experience working with internal business clients
- Master's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Audit, or Business Management
- At least 5 years of Project Management experience leading cross functional programs in Risk
- Industry certifications in Operational Risk Management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).