Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Manager, Product Management, Card Marketing Data
Product Management at Capital One is a booming, vibrant craft that requires reimagining the status quo, finding value creation opportunities and driving innovative and sustainable customer experiences through technology.
Capital One's Marketing Data Products team is seeking an experienced Product Manager to lead the development of our Consumer Marketing Data Product. This role involves overseeing the development, optimization, and standardization of a data product that leverages consumer data to build audiences for marketing, personalize experiences, and optimize response rates.
As a product manager, you will build the vision and drive the roadmap for the next generation consumer data platform. You will own data pipeline features which enable our partners to easily ingest, import and export data from/to other platforms and systems. In addition, you will partner closely with stakeholders to integrate all user data and activities into a central platform. You will also partner closely with product and engineering teams to build innovative data systems and provide our data analysts, data scientists, marketers and business teams with accurate and actionable insights.
In this role, you'll be expected to demonstrate proficiency in four key areas: Human Centered
- You'll define clear and actionable problem statements to help teams deliver results while displaying a comprehensive understanding of iterative software delivery, capable of thin-slice MVP grooming
- You'll leverage customer insights to influence priorities and roadmap feature development while advocating for and driving alignment between stakeholders in the development of acceptance criteria
- You'll obsess over UX/UI patterns and seek to create world class, omni-channel experiences
- You'll own and prioritize the near-term product roadmap to deliver on business outcomes, quickly identifying points of leverage in complex problems or systems, and utilizing data effectively to define success metrics and measurable outcomes
- You'll utilize balanced judgment in decisions about risks of both actions taken and not taken while innovating on ways to iterate faster in a well-managed way for the immediate team
- You'll understand and leverage technology and end-state architecture vision to partner with technology team to drive comprehensive design decisions out of white space technical problems
- You'll share business strategy and roadmap with Tech partners to establish context while also leading and facilitating agile ceremonies alongside Tech Lead
- You'll deliver value by creating reusable, extensible and resilient capabilities and proactively identify opportunities when key metrics on security, resilience and performance are not performing
We want you if you are: Intellectually Curious.
- You'll develop and communicate a 6-month vision to senior stakeholders and partner teams with accurate details and transparency on risks and impediments, and proactively build relationships with those outside of your immediate team resulting in horizontal influence
- You'll Contribute to team culture and recruiting by leading activities to attract and retain top talent and mentoring and developing junior product associates
Communicator & Influencer.
- You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer. Comfortable with ambiguity, a hunger to learn and a seeker of new challenges.
- You can communicate complex ideas clearly regardless of your audience. Our team knows their priorities and why they're doing what they're doing. You always can rally associates to work with you.
Passionate & Customer Focus.
- You're biased toward action, you try things and sometimes you fail. You can get around roadblocks and stay focused on your goals. You're well organized, able to multitask and able to prioritize your work.
- You care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible. You get a thrill from the journey of building and shipping products, and you have a desire and ability to connect with our external or internal customers to fully understand their needs.
- You have an appetite to learn new things or new technologies all while exhibiting humbleness when the time comes to ask for help.
- You enjoy working with diverse people and driving the team toward a common goal. You have the ability to put the team before yourself and establish long-lasting relationships.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 year of product management experience or at least 3 year of experience in product design, agile delivery, business analysis, data science, or software engineering
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- MBA or Master's degree
- 2+ years of experience in Agile product management
- 2+ year experience in 3rd party marketing data platforms such as Customer Data Platforms (CDP), Data Management Platforms (DMP), or Journey Orchestration Tools)
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).