NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
Senior Auditor, Compliance
Capital One's Audit function is a dedicated group of professionals focused on delivering top-quality assurance services to the organization's Audit Committee. Audit professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a collaborative, agile environment to deliver value-added opinions and recommendations. Audit's vision to provide high value, independent, proactive insights, to innovate with technology, and to be a top-notch talent destination, creates a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.
Capital One is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Senior Auditor interested in becoming part of our Corporate Compliance Audit team. As a member of the Corporate Compliance Audit team, you will focus on conducting operational, and compliance audit projects and supporting the annual audit plan.
- Perform risk based reviews and assessments of compliance to federal, state, and other legal regulations( and business activities. Perform relevant testing based on the risks and processes associated with the area being audited. Assist in communicating issues, risks and recommendations to all levels of management.
- Operate independently and ensure work is completed according to schedule and meets our high-quality standards.
- Develop and maintain strong and effective working relationships with key business partners and the extended Audit group.
- Leverage available data and analytical tools during the planning and fieldwork phases of audit delivery.
- Proactively follow-up on agreed audit actions to ensure management delivers their commitments within the agreed timescales.
- Proactively seek out learning opportunities to enhance skills and competencies related to role.
Here's what we're looking for in an ideal teammate:
- You are a critical thinker who seeks to understand the business and its control environment.
- You believe insight and objectivity are core elements to providing assurance on the effectiveness and efficiency of Capital One's governance, risk management, and internal control processes.
- You possess a relentless focus on quality and timeliness.
- You adapt to change, embrace bold ideas, and are intellectually curious. You like to ask questions, test assumptions, and challenge conventional thinking.
- You develop influential relationships based upon shared risk objectives and trust to deliver outstanding business impact and elevate Audit's value proposition.
- You're a firm believer that a rich understanding of data, innovation, and technology will only make you a better auditor. This will require leveraging the power of data analytics and furthering your technical expertise.
- You're a teacher. You do the right thing and lead by example. You have a passion for coaching and investing in the betterment of your team. You lead through change with candor and optimism.
- You create energy and an environment that fosters trust, collaboration, and belonging, making it easy to attract, hire, and retain top talent.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in auditing one or more of the following areas: banking or financial services industry, risk management, or consumer compliance.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Master's Degree in Auditing, Master's Degree in Accounting, Master's Degree in Information Systems or Master of Business Administration
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Risk Compliance Manager (CRCM), or relevant certification
- 2+ year of experience in banking, in the financial services industry, in a professional services firm serving clients in large banks, or a combination
- 2+ years of experience performing data analysis in support of internal auditing
- At least 1 year of experience in corporate compliance
- At least 1 year of experience with data analytics tools in support of internal audit
- At least 1 year of experience with privacy compliance in the financial services industry
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $99,500 - $113,600 for Senior Staff Auditor
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).