West Creek 8 (12080), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Principal, Financial Analyst (Card Finance) The Customer Channels team within Card Finance is seeking a Principal Analyst to join our team. In this role, you will work directly with business leaders supporting our Servicing Back Office function as well as the IVR (Interactive Voice Response), our automated call routing technology. Both of these areas are going through transformational change in terms of data and capabilities, so there is a lot of potential for change and learning side-by-side with the business. In addition, you will partner with the rest of the Channels Finance team to support strategic and ad hoc projects on our journey to reducing Channels run rate operating expenses by 2025. If you are looking for a role that partners closely with the business to generate operating efficiencies while also improving both the customer and agent experience, look no further! This role requires strong analytical, communication and problem solving skills, combined with deep curiosity and a customer-focus in order to effectively:
- Conduct analysis and articulate outcomes, relevant insights and action plans
- Develop presentations to senior audiences to communicate insights and to influence business and financial outcomes
- Partner with business teams to assess the financial implications of ongoing and proposed new efforts to optimize business performance
- Foster trusted business partnerships
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams
- Ownership of budgeting and forecasting for areas of responsibility
- Deliver accurate and meaningful financial management analyses to enable our partners to deliver on their financial and business objectives; contribute to, and deliver, presentations to communicate results, outcomes and actions to senior audiences
- Provide transparency on costs and drivers, and clearly communicate risks and opportunities to budget targets
- Address and deliver on ad-hoc requests and special projects, often in an ambiguous environment
- Independently manage and prioritize workload
- Demonstrate a passion to learn and continuously develop traditional FP&A and technical skills
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years' experience in financial analysis
- At least 3 years' experience with financial modeling
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Master's Degree in Finance
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) license or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- 4+ years' experience in financial analysis
- 4+ years' experience with financial modeling
- 3+ years' experience in strategic analysis & planning
- Experience in Microsoft Excel and G Suite
- Proven business relationship, communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills
- Demonstrated independent problem solving and strategic thinking abilities
- Strong teamwork skills; ability to positively contribute to overall success of the team
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).