Center 3 (19075), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Sr. Director, Job Family Learning in Learning & DevelopmentOverview:
At Capital One, we work at the nexus of Technology, Product, and Strategy, powered by Data. These disciplines power everything from machine learning, to product development, credit lending decisions, and so much more. And they're dynamic areas, evolving at the dizzying pace of innovation, which means our associates need exceptional learning experiences to keep their skills fresh. Our Job Family Learning team serves the needs of our Tech, Product, Analyst, and Credit job families through the full lifecycle of their careers with us.
We are seeking a Senior Director of Job Family Learning to take our colleges and academies to the next level. The right candidate will be an innovative, strategic, values driven, and intellectually curious leader who delivers through complexity with hustle, and leads teams with heart and humility. We hope this might be you!
In this role, you'll build a transformational strategy to take our job family colleges into a bold future. You'll partner closely with business and HR executives and subject matter experts to craft and socialize a vision, and lead your team to deliver it. You will seek out and cultivate relationships with deep experts across the company to motivate them to invest in teaching their expertise to others. You will also lead the external partnership strategy while working with for-profit training organizations and universities to align with innovative, best-in-class companies to elevate Capital One's position through partnerships and PR outreach. And you'll sit on a leadership team of 6 senior leaders, influencing the overall direction of our organization of ~300 learning and business professionals, charting the course for the cutting-edge future of L&D for more than 50,000 Associates across Capital One. What you will bring to the role:
- Ability to break down some of the highest priority, business critical issues across our company, assess where the leverage is for L&D, and resolve them using structured approaches and frameworks
- Ability to establish and leverage operational and quality standards across the team and organization
- Ability to flex style with business leaders, learning and non-learning professionals, and subject matter experts in the product, data, credit, and tech spaces across outcomes (e.g., brainstorming, decision-making, briefings)
- Ability to work backwards from a workforce plan and and guide the development of curricula
- Customer centricity
- Deep business acumen to use learning as a lever to drive business results
- Data literacy, visualization, and experience measuring outcomes
- Forward lean in technology
- Transformational leadership
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 7 years leading cross-functional project teams to build, deliver, and measure against transformational strategies
- At least 5 years consulting to executive leadership (VP+) on talent priorities
- At least 5 years e xperience directly leading large teams (20+ associates)
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- 10+ years of experience in client consulting / performance consulting
- 10+ years of leading cross-functional project teams to build, deliver, and measure against transformational strategies
- 3+ years of experience working in senior level Learning & Development roles
- 3+ years of experience working closely with Tech, Product, or Analyst job families
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).