Center 3 (19075), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Director of Retail Security Operations, Americas
At Capital One, we dare to dream, disrupt and deliver a better way. Our goal is simple-bring ingenuity, simplicity and humanity to an industry ripe for change. In Global Workplace Services (GWS), we deliver holistic solutions that serve and safeguard our communities and environments. We empower associates to deliver their best by cultivating a culture of inclusion and belonging, where varying perspectives and opinions are valued. We embrace each other's differences and encourage all team members to lean into their talents and skills to deliver superior experiences for both internal and external clients.
GWS is seeking a Director of Retail Security Operations to lead security operations throughout the U.S., including all Capital One bank branches, cafes, and ATMs. The role reports to the Vice President of Retail & ATM Security Operations and will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive security program (physical and technical security, life safety, guard force operation, interagency liaison, etc.) for our retail bank branches, cafes and ATMs.
The Director will have significant influence working in a highly complex and collaborative culture and environment, creating opportunities for strategic execution and operation within the security programs supporting our front line associates and lines of business. The Director Candidate :
- Demonstrates a profound sense of ethics, integrity, and confidentiality-adhering to a core set of values in good times and in bad consistent with Capital One's vision and values.
- Has strong people leadership skills and experience leading cross-functional teams operating in a hybrid and geographically diverse environment.
- Identifies and analyzes issues and gathers information to determine causes and possible solutions.
- Recognizes and contextualizes risks to support comprehensive risk mitigation strategies.
- Brings a strong security network to support the team to include participation in security industry forums like the American Banking Association Security Program, National Retail Federal Security Program etc.
- Navigates ambiguity and exercises a high degree of autonomy in decision making, while adapting to and championing change.
- Possesses a "Customer Focused" mindset with strong business acumen and influences strategically. Demonstrates a "learning agility" to remain current in subject matter expertise.
- Finds common ground and viable solutions to complex problems in a compelling manner while maintaining a professional composure.
- Brings strong security and risk management skills to detect, deter and mitigate risks.
- Has proven crisis management experience and ability to lead during critical incidents.
- Is familiar with Agile project management principles
- Is familiar with requirements of the Bank Protection Act.
- Directs, coordinates and manages complex security programs including site operations, physical security matters, emergency life safety management and implementation, law enforcement liaison, guard force management, and other activities to ensure the protection of all people, property and assets consistent with Bank Protection Act (BPA) requirements.
- Develops and provides comprehensive security management solutions to ensure the security and safety of Capital One Financial (COF) assets, associates and customers and may supervise directly, or indirectly, security staff members across various security engagements.
- Forges partnerships within GWS teams and external clients on the safety-related programs that he/she manages including law enforcement agencies and financial industry security practitioners.
- Build and maintain relationships with senior leaders, as well as interacting with internal and external stakeholders such as retail and ATM operations managers, local, state and federal law enforcement and external security experts.
- Partners with Capital One retail banking colleagues on all security related aspects for construction projects and subsequently the operationalization of those endeavors.
- Designs and presents strategic plans for the services and programs for which he/she is responsible.
- Liaisons with the broader security organization when necessary to ensure consistency in approach and the leveraging of SME's where applicable and available.
- Designs, develops and implements solid business and value measure/metrics, trending and benchmarking.
- Develops and sustains strategic liaison contacts with peers in the financial security industry to share and discuss best practices.
- Informs management of major accomplishments, impediments and concerns while following company policies and sound risk management practices.
- Maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards, work independently under minimal supervision, and will exercise extensive latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
- Ability to identify risk, collaborate across teams and develop mitigation plans
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 10 years of security management experience or law enforcement experience
- At least 3 years private sector security management experience
- At least 5 years of experience with integrated technical physical security systems or life safety systems
- Masters degree from an accredited college or university
- Prior financial institution or national retail security management experience preferred
- Security, risk or life safety certification including CPP, PSP or CISSP
- At least 13 years of security management experience or 13 years of security risk consulting experience
- At least 10 years of security experience managing a national level security program
- Strong private sector experience coupled with law enforcement and/or military experience preferred
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).