Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Associate - Process Management, Community Finance
Process Management at Capital One is core to organizational success as it drives excellence in operational execution and delivery. Process Managers contribute significantly to a well-managed organization, while also driving innovation, reimagining the status quo, and enhancing the customer experience.
As an Associate in Process Management at Capital One, you will be part of a smart, talented team responsible for ensuring a well-managed environment for all processes supported by the Community Finance Loan & Equity Operations team. The Associate Process Manager will be an integrative thinker who is motivated to drive change, has exceptional attention to detail, and consistently innovates while delivering results. They will be able to review and analyze complex documents and offer solutions to issues that arise. Additionally, they will be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the company and have an ability to influence others.
In this role you will be working on a team that is truly changing banking for good, driving operational excellence for Capital One's affordable housing portfolio. You will have the opportunity to help guide the Community Finance team toward its vision of " Building inclusive, thriving, resident-centered communities that catalyze opportunity and promote well-being " by managing the day-to-day administrative activities related to loan closing, loan booking, construction funding, permanent and CDFI loans and equity administration. You will work to ensure the accuracy of loan and LIHTC equity asset transactions from the closing process through payoff.
Capital One's commitment to impact in the community development space is clear. The company reported $7.19 billion in community development loans in 2022 and has been an industry leader in community development lending for many years. Our Community Finance team is one of the top providers of affordable housing opportunities in banking. In 2022 alone, Capital One's Community Finance team lent and invested $1.84 billion in affordable housing and financed over 9,000 affordable housing units. We focus on innovation and opportunity -- on long term well being for our associates, customers, and communities. We dream in disruption -- at scale -- especially for those who have been underserved. We want you on our team if you are:
- Intellectually Curious, with a strong Point of View
- You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, a hunger to learn new things and a seeker of new challenges. You use this curiosity to develop and then refine, and refine, and refine your POVs.
- Influential and a great Communicator
- You strive for open, clear and concise communication; know and understand audience and tailors communication appropriately. You are open to seek, receive and give constructive feedback.
- You can communicate complex ideas clearly regardless of your audience. Our team knows their priorities and why they're doing what they're doing. You always can rally associates to work with you.
- Impact-driven and ROI obsessed
- You dream big. You desire to make the world a better place, and you get energy from working with others with similar passions to accomplish big, bold goals.
- You care about doing what's best for the community and for Capital one's associates and business and you know that limited resources mean we have to "pick our spots."
- Proactive and a natural Doer
- You're biased toward action, you try things and sometimes you fail. You can get around roadblocks and stay focused on your goals. You're well organized, able to multitask and able to prioritize your work.
- You are energetic and an individual who shows initiative, and has a positive attitude to change.
- Wired for Collaboration and Connection:
- You thrive in a matrixed organization because you know that together we can do better. You love the chance to share your perspective, to hear the perspectives of others, and to figure out how teams can collaborate.
- You embody a "we" mentality and "connect the dots" beyond the work of own team, a true team player.
- Customer Focused
- You provide clients with a distinctive, remarkable experience based on world class responsiveness, customer service, creativity and superior execution.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 1 year of experience with Microsoft Office or G Suite
- At least 1 year of experience in Business Process Management, Project Management, Bank or Loan Operations or Quality Assurance, or at least 1 year of a combination of these experiences
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- 1+ years experience in Commercial Lending Operations, Commercial Real Estate and/or Community Development Loan and Equity Administration
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $76,400 - $87,100 for Process Manager
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).