NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
Director, Counterparty Credit and Debt Capital Markets
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. Ranked #127 on the Fortune 500, Capital One is one of the nation's top 10 banks and has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
- A Counterparty Credit Risk Manager will manage a team of associates and will be responsible for: Underwriting financial counterparties including a US-centric, global portfolio of banks, broker dealers, insurers, BDCs, hedge funds, and asset managers
- Authoring fundamental counterparty credit reviews by analyzing financial statements, monitoring news and industry research, and conducting due diligence meetings
- Establishing and maintaining product and counterparty-level risk assessments and managing counterparty credit limits
- Managing risk of products including repos, fed funds, futures, derivatives, and debt capital market activities including primary origination, syndication, fronting, and secondary loan and securities trading
- Engaging directly with business partners across multiple parts of the company including risk management, treasury, and the commercial bank, and risk management teams
- Evaluating exposure measurement methods for varied counterparties and products, incorporating perspectives from accounting, legal, and quantitative experts
- Providing recommendations to mitigate counterparty risk
- Supporting compliance with regulatory requirements and risk management policies
- Identifying and driving research and analysis on industry-level themes which could impact counterparties' financial health or credit ratings
- Enhancing policies, standards, and procedures for counterparty and debt capital market risks
- Creating actionable reporting for senior management in support of counterparty risk portfolio decisions
- Analyzing new financial products and business transactions to assess and quantify their impact on counterparty exposure
- Supporting negotiation and maintenance of master netting and collateral agreements with counterparties
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analysis capabilities
- Strong ability in managing teams toward top-tier performance
- Bachelor's degree or Military experience
- At least 7 years of financial services experience
- At least 5 years of experience leading a team in analysis and due diligence of financial institutions
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- 7 years of experience in financial institution underwriting
- 7 years experience with counterparty credit risk management
- 7 years of experience monitoring news and industry research specific to financial services
- Working experience in securities or capital markets
- Working experience in credit or equity research
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst)
- Masters Degree in Accounting or MBA (Masters of Business Administration)
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $228,500 - $260,800 for Director, Market and Liquidity Risk
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).