West Creek 7 (12077), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Risk Manager, Change Management | Retail Risk Office
Do you like working in the spotlight? Can you build relationships as well as develop and implement innovative solutions? Are you intellectually curious? As a Manager in the Retail Risk Office, you will lead governance processes within the Change Management Team. You will be responsible for a team that ensures business partners are implementing appropriate steps to be compliant with regulatory enterprise standards. To be successful, you must build relationships and partner with both the first and second line. This dynamic role will help shape the future framework for the Retail Bank!
Managers in the Retail Risk Office are highly motivated risk management professionals with excellent communication and organizational skills. They are team players with a continuous improvement mindset. They have a high level of exposure across lines of business and enjoy working in collaborative settings. They find ways to innovate while identifying and mitigating potential risks to ensure a well-managed regulatory environment.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to: Regulatory Change Responsibilities:
Process Level Responsibilities:
- Engage with partners in both 1st and 2nd line to drive successful implementation of regulatory changes.
- Influence and create partnerships with our vertical risk managers to ensure implementation requirements are prioritized and appropriately mitigate the risk.
- Partner across the Risk Office to stay current on the changing regulatory environment and provide insight to potential impacts.
- Provide guidance to business on approach and appropriate responses leveraging Enterprise Risk Methodology and Standards
- Document in Prime/Fuse
- Ensure the framework is delivered within the established Enterprise Regulatory Standard.
- Proactively monitor for data governance related to new or amended legal requirements, regulatory applicability and controls.
- Be intellectually curious to question the obvious, explore options, and seek to develop and implement efficiencies and process improvements
People Leadership Responsibilities:
- Lead change control efforts at the process level to ensure impacts are appropriately assessed, documented and implemented
- Coordinate the various process and stakeholder interactions
- Monitor system of record for accuracy, quality, and consistency
- Provide training to Stakeholders as needed
- Connect the dots of the changing strategic and operational priorities and risk environment and partner with the risk advisors and business to understand the impacts
- Stay current on enterprise hierarchy guidance and governance requirements
Here's what we are looking for in you:
- Able to self manage, prioritize work and and consistently deliver results
- Motivate team members and associates. Adjust as necessary to meet associates professional development goals
- Provide timely feedback, on-the-job training and coaching to direct reports while helping them grow their career.
- Effectively lead through ambiguous environments
- Build strong partner relationships and leverage them to accelerate the team's tasks and activities
- See around corners. Move from team to big picture to anticipate barriers or challenges
- Maintain an open and inclusive team environment. Create an expectation of diversity and inclusion among the team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to adapt to change quickly
- Ability to manage multiple tasks independently and meet deadlines
- Strong ability to influence and experience interacting with Senior Level audiences
- Sound judgment and the ability to successfully navigate ambiguous situations
- Highly motivated, self starter that can work autonomously and take the initiative
- Ability to collaborate and bring teams together toward a common goal
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of Risk Management Systems of Records (GRC, Prime, Fuse)
- At least 2 years of Financial Services, Risk Management, Compliance or Audit Experience
- At least 3 years of Project Management or Process Management experience leading cross functional projects and programs in Risk
- At least 5 years of experience supporting, partnering and interacting with internal business clients
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- PMP Certification or Masters Certificate of Project Management (CPM)
- Working knowledge of consumer regulatory laws & regulations
- Experience with MS Office, Google Suite, and Tableau
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).