Since 1977, the Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) has served the Fairfax County community by enhancing mobility, safety, and the quality of life of residents, businesses, and visitors through planning, coordinating, funding, implementing, and sustaining a multimodal transportation system. FCDOT is seeking an experienced, innovative, and public service-oriented Site Analysis Project Manager to join the Site Analysis Section. This position analyzes the transportation impacts of rezoning applications and/or site plans and related plans, securing transportation improvements of land development projects in Fairfax County. This position will provide a challenging and rewarding experience for an individual invested in advancing the County’s multimodal, people-focused transportation goals.
- Performing detailed evaluations and preparing written reports regarding the transportation elements of major development applications in the County’s urban and transit station areas and community business centers, among other areas, working with multidisciplinary teams to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the land development process.
- Identifying and achieving site-specific and regional mitigation measures and urban design opportunities through consideration of transportation analyses, site-generated needs, and Comprehensive Plan goals.
- Conducting site visits and field work, including field and local community meetings to discuss and further projects in alignment with applicable standards.
- Presenting findings to county staff, elected and appointed officials, and the public, both in-person and virtually, including occasional evening and weekend meetings.
- Overseeing development and maintenance of planning-level transportation system design standards and guidelines in coordination with the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) and the Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation (DRPT).
- Coordinating implementation of public projects through land development applications with county, state, and federal agencies.
- Performing other tasks as assigned.
For more information on the Fairfax County Department of Transportation, please click here
.Employment StandardsMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to the following:
(Click on the aforementioned link to learn how Fairfax County interprets equivalencies for "Any combination, experience, and training equivalent to")
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree in civil engineering, urban, regional or transportation planning, or a closely related field; plus two years of professional experience in civil engineering, urban, regional or transportation planning, or a closely related field. CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
A valid motor vehicle driver's license.NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a driving record check to the satisfaction of the employer.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s degree in civil engineering, urban, regional or transportation planning, or a closely related field.
- Direct experience evaluating land development applications and/or transportation system design in planned multimodal mixed-use areas.
- Background in evaluation of transportation system design elements or standards.
- Professional license in engineering or planning.
- Strong organizational, time management, and project management skills, including ability to coordinate multiple projects, prioritize, and meet established deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent oral and written communications skills.
Employee may be required to do some walking, standing, bending, and carrying of items less than 25 pounds in weight. Work is generally sedentary. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.SELECTION PROCEDURE:
Panel interview and may include exercise.
The population of Fairfax County is very diverse where 39.8% of residents speak a language other than English at home (Spanish, Asian/Pacific Islander, Indo-European, and others
) and we encourage candidates bilingual in English and a foreign language to apply to this opportunity.Fairfax County Government prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, political affiliation, or military status in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. DHREmployment@fairfaxcounty.gov