Provides procurement, financial, contracts and accounts payable support to the Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board (CSB). Supervises the activities of the CSB accounts payable and purchasing staff. Reviews and approves financial, accounts payable and procurement documents; contract and/or amendment monitoring and tracking; reporting; reconciliation and assists with audit requests. Performs and provides guidance to staff processing documents to include shopping carts, purchase orders, receiving, funds reservations, journal entry creation, vendor account creation, training, travel, mileage, petty cash, lease payments, procurement card, and reconciliation. Works closely with senior fiscal staff, program staff, county financial and procurement agencies to complete financial, procurement, and reporting duties. Maintains responsibility for executing the procurement, financial and contractual processes required to achieve the funding appropriation determined by the CSB Financial Manager and approved as part of the county’s budget process. Works under general supervision of the Senior Financial Officer and/or the assigned Financial Specialist IV.Note:
The salary offer will not exceed the mid-point of the salary range $88,138.96.
To learn more about careers that make a difference, watch our video "CSB Celebrates 50th Anniversary of Providing Care
(The illustrative duties listed in this specification are representative of the class but are not an all-inclusive list. A complete list of position duties and unique physical requirements can be found in the position job description.)
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Prepares and/or analyzes financial data and makes recommendations;
- Plans, organizes, and participates in the reconciliation of funds;
- Prepares long range revenue and expenditure estimates necessary to forecast economic feasibility of various projects;
- Reviews and verifies postings to appropriate ledgers and subsidiary accounts;
- Prepares or assist development of the agency budget and monitors budget status.
(The knowledge, skills and abilities listed in this specification are representative of the class but are not an all-inclusive list.)
Employment StandardsMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to the following:
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles;
- Ability to prepare, interpret, and analyze financial reports and statements;
- Ability to develop and apply budget, procurement, and payment procedures in accordance with established county policies.
(Click on the aforementioned link to learn how Fairfax County interprets equivalencies.)
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree in accounting; or a bachelor's degree in business administration or related field that has been supplemented by at least six credit hours of basic accounting principles and concepts; plus two years of professional-level finance or business administration experience. A master's degree in a related field or CPA may substitute for one year of experience.NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check, a Child Protective Services Registry check, and sanction screening to the satisfaction of the employer. A TB screening upon hire.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with procurement, financial, accounts payable and contract experience and knowledge relative to Fairfax County policies.
- Experience using FOCUS relative to Procurement, Finance, Contract, and Accounts Payable activities.
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and prioritize.
- Experience with and ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with both internal and external contacts.
- Well organized, flexible, and adept in the challenges of supporting a work environment that collaborates and coordinates with a variety of county departments.
- Proactive, efficient, and resourceful with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Strong Microsoft Skills.
Ability to use a personal computer, including keyboard and mouse, and read a computer monitor. Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.SELECTION PROCEDURE:
Panel Interview and may include a practical exercise.
The population of Fairfax County is very diverse where 39.8% of residents speak a language other than English at home (Spanish, Asian/Pacific Islander, Indo-European, and others
) and we encourage candidates bilingual in English and a foreign language to apply to this opportunity.Fairfax County Government prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, political affiliation, or military status in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. DHREmployment@fairfaxcounty.gov