Shady Grove Medical Center seeks to hire an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) for our Float Pool who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing.
As an RN, you will:
• Develop a plan of care according to patient population.
• Identify impending changes in patient condition accurately and initiates corrective action.
• Mentor students, colleagues and team members in patient-centered care.
• Conduct purposeful rounding from patient and family perspective.
• Report directly to the Clinical Nurse Manager and independently be responsible for the safe and effective delivery of patient-centered care in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
• Educate patients and family through the continuum of care while striving to advance your own knowledge and skills.
• Demonstrate professionalism, adhere to ANA standards of practice, and exemplify the Adventist HealthCare values as they fulfill our nursing mission and vision.
• Utilize equipment and technology correctly, delegate non-nursing duties appropriately to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a minimum of an Associate of Science degree required, Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Valid Maryland RN license required
• Active American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
• One year of current Med Surg experience or related acute care experience
A Level II Nurse (RN II) in the Adventist HealthCare Professional Career Advancement Program reports directly to the Clinical Nurse Manager and is independently responsible for the safe and effective delivery of patient-centered care in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team. The RN II educates patients and family through the continuum of care while also striving to advance their own knowledge and skills through careful consideration of feedback and guidance provided by more senior nurses and the Clinical Nurse Manager. They serve as role models to Level I nurses and use electronic resources to support best practices in patient care. The RN II demonstrates professionalism, adheres to ANA standards of practice, and exemplifies the Adventist HealthCare values as they fulfill our nursing mission and vision. The ability to use equipment and technology correctly, to delegate non-nursing duties appropriately, and to maximize efficiency and effectiveness are key RN II competencies.
• Strong critical and strategic thinking, analytical and planning skills
• Organization/time management skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Values diversity and team work
• Demonstrates integrity; is ethical in conduct and decision making
• Demonstrates initiative, creativity, and flexibility
• Tolerant of change and ambiguity
• Demands accountability of self and others
Principle Duties and Responsibilities (competencies):
• Develops a plan of care according to patient population.
• Identifies impending changes in patient condition accurately and initiates corrective action.
• Mentors students, colleagues and team members in patient-centered care.
• Conducts purposeful rounding from patient and family perspective.
• Conducts efficient literature searches and applies findings appropriately to practice.
• Identifies opportunities for improvement in clinical care and participates in change of practice based on evidence. i.e. participates in wound prevalence study
Interdisciplinary Care Team Vitality
• Creates a work environment that promotes cooperation, respect and trust among team members.
• Acts with integrity, consistency and respect for different views and communication styles.
• Engages effectively in teamwork and team building processes.
Quality Improvement and Patient Safety
• Participates in error analyses and system/process improvements.
• Uses established safety resources for professional development and to help ensure safe practices, e.g., PDCA huddle, restraint concurrent audit, falls huddle, and infection control reports.
• Participates in the collection of data on clinical unit to improve care delivery and outcomes, e.g., patient care audits, pain reassessment and documentation, and care planning.
• Actively seeks information about quality initiatives in own organization and care settings and applies information to practice.
Use of Information Technologies
• Uses electronic resources and databases to enhance knowledge and support best practices
• Acts as a super user or provides "Just in Time" training to end-users.
• Adheres to ANA documentation standards and AHC documentation policies; and ensures that the "patient's story" is reflected in the documentation.
Critical Thinking and Innovation
• Demonstrates purposeful, informed, outcome-focused (results-oriented) thinking that is guided by professional standards, ethics codes and laws.
• Applies critical reasoning and judgment in patient care delivery.
• Uses critical thinking skills to make clinical judgments and individualize patient care.
Value Added Care
• Delegates non-nursing duties appropriately (to appropriate person at appropriate time).
• Demonstrates efficient use of resources (materials and time).
• Utilizes care delivery tools in order to deliver safe, timely care and interventions to patient (e.g., SBAR communication tool, POSS scale, RRT, interpreter services).
Other Duties as Assigned
Required Licenses and Certificates:
• Current Maryland State nursing license
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate
• ACLS, PALS, NRP as required by specialty area
Required Education and Experience:
• Graduate of an accredited nursing program
• Passing score on NCLEX
• Experience: 1 to 3 years (qualified to sit for specialty certifications)
• Able to work in a stressful environment with multiple demands and to respond appropriately.
• Able to resolve conflicts effectively, prioritize tasks, respond to emergencies, and react calmly.
• Knowledgeable of professional nursing theory and practice to evaluate care.
• Knowledgeable of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
• Awareness of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
• Able to respond to alarms codes, answering phone, overhead pages, beeper pages
• Able to read charts, labels, documentation, policies and procedures
• Able to communicate with staff, visitors, patients, and physicians in clear and concise English.
(3) 12 hour shifts per week
#GR8 NursingAt Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you.
We do this by offering:
- Work life balance through nonrotating shifts
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Free Employee parking
- Benefits Eligible Positions:
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans [including health, employer-paid disability and life insurance, PTO]
- Employer retirement contribution and match after 1-year of eligible employment with 3 year vesting
- Ancillary benefits such as flexible spending, legal and pet insurance to meet the needs of employees and their eligible family members
- Subsidized childcare at participating childcare centers
As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Join the Adventist HealthCare team today, apply now to be considered! COVID-19 Vaccination
Adventist HealthCare requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if needed, may elect to be vaccinated at any community pharmacy or location offering COVID-19 vaccinations.Tobacco and Drug Statement
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine and drug use.
While some jurisdictions, including Maryland, permit the use of marijuana for medical purposes, marijuana continues to be classified as an illegal drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act. As a result, medical marijuana use will not be accepted as a valid explanation for a positive drug test result.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine) and marijuana. Those testing positive are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing. ("Nicotine products" include, but are not limited to: cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chewing tobacco, e-cigarettes, vaping products, hookah, and nicotine replacement products (e.g., nicotine gum, nicotine patches, nicotine lozenges, etc.). Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to attracting, engaging, and developing the best people to cultivate our mission-centric culture. Our goal is to have a welcoming, equitable, and safe place to work and grow for all employees, no matter their background. AHC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Adventist HealthCare will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Adventist HealthCare is a religious organization as defined under applicable law; however, it will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants' religious beliefs.
Applicants who wish to request accommodations for disabilities or religious belief should contact the Support Center HR Office.