Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilize knowledge and experience to ensure accurate and timely customer invoicing, cash collections, and internal controls are followed for all AR activity.
- Day-to-day management of billing staff.
- Ensure customer invoices are compliant, timely, and accurate.
- Own AR process and create process improvements to ensure compliance with internal policies, government regulations and accounting principles.
- Mentor team to educate and train stakeholders to ensure AR process adheres to internal policies and external regulations.
- Lead support for ad-hoc reporting and analysis of accounts, account reconciliations and audit schedules as needed.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills including data interpretation
- Ability to work with a diverse and geographically distributed team
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and be responsible to follow up on action items
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Approximately 7+ years of relevant accounting / finance experience
- Thorough understanding of accounting and finance principles, as well as familiarity with DCAA, FAR, DFARS and other applicable regulations
- Familiarity with government payment systems, such as IPP and WAWF
- High proficiency in MS Excel
- Preferred experience in Unanet
We are seeking an AR Manager to join our accounting team. In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating all Accounts Receivable activity as well as providing ad-hoc support and analyses and ensuring adherence to policies, applicable law and regulations, procedures, and internal controls. This role reports directly to the Controller.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any vaccination requirements mandated by contract, applicable law or regulation.
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Reston, Virginia
- Type of environment: Office/Remote Hybrid
- Noise level: Low
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday
- Amount of Travel: Less than 1%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
U.S. Citizenship OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.