NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
Swap Dealer Manager
The role is Manager - Swap Dealer Compliance Advisory. Capital One, National Association is a CFTC registered Swap Dealer. The Manager will advise our Commercial Banking's Sales & Trading, Corporate Treasury Derivatives Desk and related Operations teams on applicable CFTC swap regulations and futures exchange rules.
This person will regularly interact with various levels of management and will be looked upon to promote prudent, well-controlled compliance with the applicable laws and regulations. The Compliance Manager will support Commercial Banking and Corporate Treasury through providing expert regulatory advice and thoughtful recommendations that advance the growth business strategy. The Manager will also support internal and external risk reporting related to compliance risk as part of the broader Swap Dealer Compliance Team. Responsibilities:
- Assisting the SD CCO in administering a Swap Dealer Compliance program
- Advising Sales and Trading and related Operations teams on CFTC swap regulations and Designated Contract Market (DCM) rules involving Commodities (energy & metals), Foreign Exchange and Interest Rate derivatives
- Performing root cause analysis, applicability and control reviews and risk assessments.
- Helping maintain written policies and procedures of swaps and exchange-traded futures
- Contributing to internal reports (e.g., management committees and the Board)
- Working closely with the Legal Department and outside counsel regarding potential and actual changes in CFTC and NFA rules, regulations and interpretive guidance
- Leading the implementation of new / amended rules and regulations
- Working with Compliance Assurance to ensure compliance testing is appropriate based on the level of risk
- Liaising with the Surveillance Team on disposition of alerts related to communications and trading
- Assisting with the development and delivery of compliance training
- Representing Capital One in industry working groups dedicated to advocacy, interpretation and implementation of new/proposed rules
- Assisting with audits and regulatory/DCM inquiries, coordinating collection and review of responses
- Conduct ongoing compliance risk assessments and coordinate with business leads to identify and mitigate risks and control gaps
- Bachelor's degree or Military Experience
- At least 5 years of Compliance or Audit experience with a Swap Dealer or Compliance or Risk Management experience at a commodity trading institution
- Juris doctor
- 6+ years of Compliance or Audit experience
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and succinctly on complex topics
- Strong work ethic and ability to work with limited supervision in a hybrid environment
- Working knowledge of swap dealer requirements within Title VII
- Working knowledge of energy and/or metals futures markets and/or related DCM rules (ICE, CME, LME)
- Strong organizational skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $147,800 - $168,700 for Compliance Advisor Manager
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).