West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Senior Manager, Technology Risk Advisory & Oversight
Capital One is one of the fastest growing organizations in the world today, powered by our passion for our customers. We are serious about technology, we dream big, and we execute: Capital One moved our entire enterprise to the public cloud over the course of five years. Just as we prioritize driving innovation through technology, we equally prioritize cybersecurity and managing technology risk.
Technology Risk Management (TRM) is a small organization that packs a big punch. TRM is a second line organization, which means it is independent and reports through the Chief Risk Officer. The ~100 professionals in TRM are trusted experts who set the bar for excellence in cybersecurity and tech risk. We shape decisions, challenge activities to ensure they meet our standards, and oversee technology and information security risk across the company.
Our business leaders must make technology decisions constantly. TRM makes sure they have the tech risk information they need to make good decisions. Associates within TRM are highly-skilled information security, cybersecurity, site reliability engineering, technology, and risk management professionals. They have a wealth of experience and a demonstrated ability to add value with their advice and to deliver high-impact results.
As the Senior Manager, Technology Risk Advisory and Oversight, you will have a strong understanding of all areas of cybersecurity. O ur business is continuously building new technology: you will review the business' proposals to identify technology risk. You will assess the processes and controls necessary to mitigate that risk and whether they are sufficient. We will rely upon your subject matter expertise to ensure that our businesses are able to launch new initiatives while still managing risk appropriately.
You will have to work independently as well as collaborate with the businesses, tech infrastructure, first line cybersecurity, and third line audit. Through your interactions you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your cybersecurity and tech risk expertise through thoughtful and respectful challenge even when registering dissenting or unpopular opinions
Finally, as a member of a growing organization, you will have the opportunity to shape and further refine your portfolio. The demands and high-visibility nature of this position requires an expert with a proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and who can begin contributing immediately.
- As part of a team, develop and implement processes to provide independent oversight and effective challenge of the firm's information technology and cybersecurity.
- Build and maintain relationships with technical leaders, business owners, engineers and other stakeholders to understand and evaluate implementation plans, business priorities and technical solutions to ensure risk are well communicated and understood by the key stakeholders
- Keep up-to-date on cutting edge technology, standards, protocols and tools in areas relevant to the rapidly changing environment at Capital One, specifically cloud native architecture, serverless, and emerging public cloud services
- Demonstrate strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Provide technical assessments of technology and cybersecurity controls design and effectiveness.
- Draft assessments for senior management and other stakeholders, to include regulatory agencies and the Board of Directors, as needed.
- Define, structure and plan work independently
- Coordinate program-related activities and deliverables to ensure effective collaboration within the team and across stakeholder groups.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience managing, consulting, auditing, or working in the fields of information security or information technology
- At least 3 years experience with Public Cloud implementations
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or in an Engineering discipline
- At least 1 year of experience drafting reports or analytic assessments for senior management
- Professional certification: AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Security Speciality, AWS SysOps Administrator, or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Experience with Information Security at the policy, architecture or implementation level
- Ability to communicate clearly and to interact effectively at all levels of the organization, and to influence as warranted and appropriate to drive to consensus
- Experience with identifying and communicating key risks related to cloud native implementations and architectures
- Experience with identifying and communicating key risks related to cloud based workforce productivity, collaboration and messaging software ( Google Workspaces, Zoom, Slack) and enterprise platforms
- Experience with analysis of emerging threats and reports that describe the implications of threat(s) and opportunities to executives or senior decision-makers
- Ability to manage multiple high-visibility and high-impact projects while maintaining superior results
- Familiarity with controls and control frameworks (NIST Cybersecurity Framework, NIST 800-53, CIS Top 20, ISO, COBIT)
- Prior experience working in financial services or other highly-regulated sectors
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).