ERP International is seeking full-time Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses (LPN/LVN)
in support of various clinics and departments at the Naval Medical Center Camp Lejeune, NC. Apply online today and discover more about this outstanding employment opportunity. www.erpinternational.comBe the Best!
Join our team of exceptional health care professionals across the nation. Come discover the immense pride and job satisfaction ERP Employees experience in providing care for our Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans! ERP International is honored to have been named one of The Washington Post's 2023 Top Workplaces! * Excellent Compensation & Exceptional Comprehensive Benefits!* Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Plus 11 Paid Federal Holidays! * Medical/Dental/Vision, STD/LTD/Life and Health Savings Account available!* Annual CME Stipend and License/Certification Reimbursement!* Matching 401K!About ERP International, LLC:
ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide. ERP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran.ResponsibilitiesWork Schedule:
Schedule depends on clinic/department assigned
Branch Clnics: Monday - Friday between 7:00am and 4:00pm
Family Medicine and Pain Management: 8.5 to 10 hours between 6:30 amd and 6:00pm; Family Medicine may work weekends and holidays
No On-Call or Call-BackCore Duties:
Additional Duties vary dependent upon clinic/department assigned:
- Initiate, perform and complete assigned duties in providing care to variable patient populations.
- Complete assigned patient care based on the patients' conditions, use judgment in selecting the appropriate order and sequence of procedures and treatments, and accurately recognize, report and record relevant patient information.
- Observe, identify and respond to the patient's needs for care, including medication, equipment-assisted care and patient/family education.
- Prepare and administer prescribed medications (oral, topical, subcutaneous, intramuscular and/or intravenous) and perform treatments according to established policies/procedures.
- Recognize urgent or emergent patient care situations, seek assistance of the RN and/or MD/DO, and initiate appropriate emergency interventions as directed.
- Perform support duties for complex diagnostic tests and/or specialized practices or procedures, which include preparing the patient, assisting in the diagnostic examination, preparing and handling specialized instruments or other specialized equipment, and monitoring the patient's condition before, during, and following the procedure.
- Orient peers and ancillary personnel to unit policies and procedures, skills, and standards of practice.
- Integrate healthy work environment principles that result in improved patient healthcare delivery, education of patients and their families and employee satisfaction.
- Participate in MHP/MCMH Team huddles/meetings each day to review scheduled appointments, identify MHP/MCMH Team requirements (i.e., supplies and equipment and staff support issues related to the day's scheduled appointments) and scheduled patient requirements (i.e., scrubbing the schedule to identify diagnostic procedures or medical readiness requirements that may be ordered or prepared before the patient appointment).
- Prepare patient electronic health record and other appropriate forms prior to patient's appointment.
- Assist the MCMH team in managing many aspects of patient's care: referrals, hospitalizations, ER visits, ancillary testing and other as directed to achieve optimum outcomes in safe and cost effective manner.
- Develop/distribute lists of community resources available to patients.
- Establish and maintains a relationship with consulting providers, hospitals, ERs and other frequently utilized healthcare resources to serve as a bridge across the continuum for the patient.
- Coordinate consult/referral/ follow-up/tracking process for the practice.
- Coordinate continuity of care with patient to insure compliance.
- Obtain and document patient and pertinent family history.
- Observe, report and document all observed symptoms, reactions, treatments and changes in the patient condition to the registered nurse, physician extender or physician. Make careful observations to assess that nursing procedures and treatment do not cause additional distress.
- Operate basic equipment required in delivery of patient care such as pumps, IV pumps, oxygen administration apparatus and incentive spirometers.
- Maintain records of nursing care, dose and time of medication administered, and indicate if the medication was not administered and the reason.
- Assist patients in admission, transfer, and perform discharge planning follow-up and documentation.
- Instruct patients on how equipment is used such as oxygen, suction, cardiac monitor and pulse oximeter. Instruct patients and family on use of prescribed medications, contraindications of medications, and the necessity of proper follow-up care.
- Ensure patient rooms have necessary supplies and equipment is in functioning order.
- Provide an orderly, clean and safe environment for patients and staff.
- Handle telephone information requests with courtesy, accuracy and respect for patient confidentiality. Receive information and distribute messages as necessary.
- Ensure maintenance and re-supply of pharmaceuticals in the clinic which are obtained within the MTF.
- Ensure upkeep and perform checks of emergency equipment i.e., oxygen, emergency cart, suction apparatus, etc. and maintain appropriate logs. Inform the Charge Nurse of any discrepancy on daily checks.
- If directed, Licensed Practical (Vocational) Nurses shall attend a two hour lecture on IV certification. HCWs shall then obtain certifications (e.g., IV, medications and blood administration) in accordance with clinic nursing service and command policy not later than 60 days after commencement of services, including MTF observation of three completed IV sticks.
QualificationsMinimum Qualifications:• Degree:
- Provide care coordination using specific criteria and guidelines as mandated by DOD and TRICARE directives, coordinating with the local MHP clinic, utilization and Referral Management policies, and obtains additional clinical data as required.
- Consult, coordinate, and collaborate with MHP team members, referral management team members, specialty care clinics, outside care professionals, agencies, organizations and other ancillary support systems to assist in the care coordination of MHP patients.
- Identifies patients in need of care coordination within the MHP teams, through screening patients with a pattern of high risk, unstable and resource intensive utilization of Military Treatment Facility (MTF) or network services such as chronic pain patients.
- Responsible for coordination of outpatient care services of patients belonging to the MHP clinic area of responsibility that are discharged from other facilities.
- Follows-up with MHP team members regarding review of patient charts, medical records, and other documents utilized in the treatment and care of MHP patients in need of care coordination.
- Participate in an on-site designated Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes (ECHO) tele-mentoring training program.
- Participate in tele-mentoring, tele-medicine, and tele-consults.
- Assist the Physician with the placement of radiology equipment (C-arm) for medical procedures that require imaging guidance.
Graduate from an accredited community college, junior college, college, university or vocational nursing program• Certification:
Possess a current AHA or ARC BLS Healthcare Provider certification
• Certifications in addition to Basic Life Support:
IV, medications and blood administration• Experience:
One year of practical or vocational nurse experience after graduation within the last two years
Current, full, active and unrestricted license as a practical or vocational nurse.* Security:
Must possess ability to pass a Government background check/security clearance.