College of Science Classification:
Post Doc 12 month Job Category:
Postdoctoral Faculty Job Type:
Full-Time Work Schedule:
Full-time (1.0 FTE, 40 hrs/wk) Location:
Fairfax Telework Friendly:
Salary commensurate with education and experienceRestricted:
Yes Criminal Background Check:
Yes About the Department:
The Center for Geospatial Intelligence (CGEOINT) at George Mason University (GMU) conducts, supports, and coordinates research, teaching, technology transfer, and outreach activities in geospatial intelligence.
George Mason University College of Science (Mason Science) is committed to advancing access, justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (AJEDI) throughout our STEM community, including within our hiring and retention practices. At Mason Science, our values include fostering an organizational culture that promotes Anti-Racism, belonging, respect, and civility. We believe that a diversity of opinions, cultures, and perspectives is what provides vibrancy, innovation and growth to an academic community. By prioritizing inclusive excellence in academics, teaching, research, and global engagement, we strive to attract a diverse pool of faculty and staff who exemplify the Mason Science mission and vision. About the Position:
The Postdoctoral Fellow in the Center for Geospatial Intelligence (CGEOINT) in the Department of Geography and Geoinformation Science (GGS) and Computational and Data Sciences (CDS) has expertise in geospatial data science and a specialized focus on data mining and machine learning. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development and refinement of a unified framework for aggregating and analyzing a variety of open-source geospatial information as it relates to urban environments and mobility. The data will be used in large scale urban simulations as part of a bigger effort of a team of graduate students, post docs, and faculty; and
- Supervise graduate-level research assistants, and promote the research team's accomplishments through publications, presentations, and other public events.
- Terminal degree in a related field (i.e. computer science, physics, or closely related field);
- Strong programming skills; and
- Experience in data mining and machine learning.
Instructions to Applicants:
- A track record that demonstrates the ability to work well with interdisciplinary research teams; and
- Experience in data management and databases.
For full consideration, applicants must apply for Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Geospatial Data Science and Machine Learning
; complete and submit the online application; and provide a cover letter, CV, and a list of three professional references with contact information. Posting Open Date:
November 9, 2023 For Full Consideration, Apply by:
November 30, 2023 Open Until Filled?:
YesMason Ad Statement
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason's diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.Equity Statement
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.Campus Safety Information
Mason's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at http://police.gmu.edu/annual-security-report/