Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- The Project Controller is expected to be able to:
- Provide comprehensive financial management support to a large (100+ FTE) technical delivery program performed at multiple geographic locations.
- Help ensure the affordable delivery of the program within budget constraints; enable clear data-driven decisions on funding to capture opportunity or buy down risk.
- Establish and evolve the program financial structure.
- Maintain program financial records.
- Track funding levels and perform trend analyses and develop estimates to complete (ETC) and estimates at complete (EAC).
- Analyze and produce data to identify cost, schedule, and technical variance.
- Generate and deliver the program Contract Funding Status Report (CFSR).
- Provide status briefings and input to the government customer at Program Management Review (PMR) and Business Management Review (BMR) meetings.
- Work closely with the TekSynap Agile Program Manager (APM) and the TekSynap corporate Controller to provide inputs on program financial status. Support corporate program status reviews.
- Assist the APM performing administrative and coordination activities that contribute to the successful cost, schedule, and performance of a large technical contract.
- Contribute to program efforts by working with the program delivery team to monitor cost, risk, schedule, and contract performance.
- Contribute to management of the contract, including future task orders, to attain optimal performance within contract cost and schedule parameters.
- Be familiar with management functions in the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Experience in a project controller or project manager role, or a finance-based role (accounting, e.g.)
- Experience working directly with senior level corporate and government staff
- Experience and/or understanding of cost-plus-award-fee (CPAF) government contracts
- Experience and/or understanding of multiple Task Order (TO) government contracts
- Highly motivated, self-learner, and technically inquisitive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to obtain/maintain TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
We are seeking a Project Controller to join our team supporting our NGA customer in Reston, VA.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any vaccination requirements mandated by contract, applicable law or regulation.
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Reston, VA
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Citizenship: U.S. Citizenship
Clearance requirement: Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance required. OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact email@example.com for assistance.