Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- The Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO) is expected to be able to:
- Manage the Contract Security Program for a large (100+ FTE) technical contract with multiple subcontractors being performed at multiple geographic locations in SCIF, unclassified offices and hybrid work environments.
- Protect classified government information and monitor security procedures, ensuring compliance with all aspects of the program including personnel, physical and administrative security systems, and procedures.
- Serve as primary interface with the third party commercial SCIF provider in both the Washington, DC and St. Louis, MO metro areas.
- Maintain security clearance records and processes security clearance documents for personnel requiring access.
- Conduct security briefings and develop and conduct security education programs for all cleared personnel.
- Develop and implement security procedures and coordinates revisions and updates as necessary.
- Manage the performance of the following independent duties:
- Processing incoming and outgoing classified documents and materials.
- Demonstrated expertise utilizing DISS & Scattered Castles.
- Process incoming and outgoing classified visits to include passing visits via DISS or other customer specific procedures.
- Investigate security violations and prepare reports specifying preventive actions.
- Provide facility security support to include alarm checks, program access controls, alarm response and issuing badges.
- Conduct annual security self-reviews and follow up on corrective actions.
- Personnel Security processing to include pre-screening and tier one adjudications.
- Prepare and submit Reinstatements, Crossovers, Nomination Letters, 4311s, CPRLs, and similar items.
- Ensure all SF86s (word document or eApp) are reviewed for accuracy prior to submission.
- Track community badge expiration dates and ensure all badge renewal submittals are submitted in a timely fashion.
- Provide guidance to employees and subcontractors regarding matters of program security to include classification determination and marking guidance
- Provide security indoctrinations, debriefings, and annual refresher trainings.
- Process, update and maintain subcontract DD254s, submit and maintain SCI, SAP and CPRL nomination packages and billet rosters.
- Provide on-site security support activities in the areas of Program, Personnel, Physical, COMSEC and Information Security
- Manage COMSEC duties & responses.
- Physical security management in the areas of access control, IDS monitoring and response.
- Provide training and/or demonstrate familiarization with security related equipment such as STEs, shredders, and the use of intrusion detection devices and electronic security access systems.
- Assist the Program Manager (PM), Deputy Program Manager (DPM) and program Staffing Lead performing administrative and coordination activities that contribute to the successful cost, schedule, and performance of the contract.
- Be familiar with management functions in the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- 3+ years' experience as a security officer, CSSO or similar with work being performed at multiple geographic locations
- Previous experience performing the independent duties listed above: processing personnel security clearances, maintaining security records, processing program access requests, administering the security awareness training program, preparing visit and briefing requests, and tracking security violations and adverse information
- Experience working directly with senior level corporate and government staff
- Highly motivated, self-learner, and technically inquisitive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Active/Current TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
We are seeking a Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO) to join our team supporting our NGA customer in Oakton, VA.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any vaccination requirements mandated by contract, applicable law or regulation.
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Oakton, VA
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Citizenship: U.S. Citizenship
Clearance requirement: active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.