Senior Coordinator, Operations and Outreach (Washington, DC)
University of Notre Dame
The University of Notre Dame (https://jobs.nd.edu) is accepting applications for a Senior Coordinator, Operations and Outreach (Washington, DC).
Applications will be accepted until 11/19/2023.
Please note: this position is located in our Washington, D.C. office, and requires on-site presence five days a week.
The https://keough.nd.edu/research-policy-and-practice/global-policy-initiative/washington-dc/ seeks to strengthen Notre Dame's presence in Washington by providing a venue for Notre Dame faculty, students, and alumni to interact with policymakers and the policy community. As the primary staff member serving the Washington office, the Senior Coordinator of Operations and Outreach plays a key role in representing Notre Dame to a variety of constituencies and ensuring the efficient operation of the office. The Senior Coordinator serves as the first point of contact to visitors and guests who call or visit the office; coordinates events held at or organized by the Washington office; manages office operations; serves as administrative liaison to campus units and outside groups that use space in the office; works with the Executive Director to plan and execute strategic outreach in the Washington policy community; occasionally represents the Office at external events; and provides general administrative support to the Executive Director of the Washington office as requested. Work will occasionally be required on evenings and weekends. This position is physically located in the Washington, D.C. office.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
Administrative Support for Executive Director:
• Support Executive Director in scheduling, maintaining files, processing reimbursements, and other administrative tasks as requested
• Course staff support for Executive Director's courses (no more than 2 per semester) including scheduling Zoom meetings with campus teams and external groups; managing Canvas site
• Assist Executive Director in organizing trips to campus for policy experts
• Take meeting notes at, and manage action items from, weekly meetings on behalf of Executive Director.
This position coordinates a wide range of events held at, or organized by, the Washington office. Events held at the Washington office include in-person, virtual, and hybrid classes, policy-related fora, academic workshops and conferences, and meetings with donors and Notre Dame alumni. Though the roles the Senior Coordinator will play varies per event, they will range from lead organizer to liaison and administrative support. Activities related to events include:
• Schedule events and manage the booking of facilities
• Correspond with guests regarding travel and accommodations; manage guest itineraries
• Arrange travel, accommodations, and meals for events and activities at the office
• Host guests at the office
• Organize and oversee catering services and other vendors involved in activities in the Washington office
• Oversee and manage all technology needs during events with support from campus IT
• Compose and posts messages on social media channels during public events
• Manage contact acquisition; RSVPs for events; updates contact database regularly.
This role also serves as a liaison to event staff in other university units who are organizing an event in conjunction with the Washington office.
The Senior Coordinator manages operational support for faculty and programs using the Washington office. This support includes:
• Serve as first point of contact at the office for visitors and guests via the main phone line or in person
• Respond to general questions; refer calls to appropriate faculty and staff
• Maintain booking calendar for the Washington office
• Schedules Zoom meetings with campus teams and external groups
• Manage mail, packages, and office deliveries
• Order supplies; serve as main point of contact for vendors and service/maintenance contracts
• Provide general office support for faculty and visitors on office-related tasks as needed
• Collaborate with relevant Notre Dame administrative units, including the Keough School Dean's Office, procurement, communications, and others units
• Liaises with Keough School IT and AV personnel regarding technology operations.
The Senior Coordinator assists the Executive Director in identifying audiences, stakeholders and institutional partners and engaging with strategic external partners that can further the priorities of the Keough School in the Washington, DC area. The Senior Coordinator will
• Attend policy events and networking functions in order to expand the individual contacts and organizational relationships of the Keough School
• Manages database of the Washington office contacts
• Maintain mailing lists and online groups
• Track the Keough School alumni and Notre Dame alumni working in the international development and foreign policy arena in Washington, DC.
While you support and care for the people and mission of Notre Dame, Notre Dame is committed to supporting you as well: pleasehttps://hr.nd.edu/benefits-compensation/to learn more about the truly outstanding benefits we have to offer.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• More than one year of experience working in a professional environment
• Experience working with diverse stakeholders, such as faculty, students, and policymakers
• Strong interpersonal capabilities and instincts for making connections between people and organizations
• Excellent note taking and organizational skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite tools
• Demonstrated ability to learn and use financial systems and implement administrative policies
• Proactive, and ability to work well independently
• Ability to take initiative and think creatively about the promotion of the Office.
• General interest in international development/global affairs policy .
These qualifications are NOT required to be fully considered for the role, but may help increase the likelihood of being considered a top candidate:
• Knowledge/understanding of international development and global affairs
• Experience with Salesforce
ABOUT NOTRE DAME:
The University of Notre Dame, founded in 1842 by Rev. Edward F. Sorin, C.S.C., of the Congregation of Holy Cross, is an independent, national Catholic university located in Notre Dame, Ind. For the fifth consecutive year, the University of Notre Dame has received Honor Roll distinctions as one of the top 10 higher education workplaces in the country in the Chronicle of Higher Education's annual "Great Colleges to Work For" survey...and we are proud of it!
This appointment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Applicants will be asked to identify all felony convictions and/or pending felony charges. Felony convictions do not automatically bar an individual from employment. Each case will be examined separately to determine the appropriateness of employment in the particular position. Failure to be forthcoming or dishonesty with respect to felony disclosures can result in the disqualification of a candidate. The full procedure can be viewed at https://facultyhandbook.nd.edu/?id=link-73597.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
The University of Notre Dame seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administration. The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates and those candidates attracted to a university with a Catholic identity. Moreover, Notre Dame prohibits discrimination against veterans or disabled qualified individuals, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors to employ and advance veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities in compliance with 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a).
Please apply online at http://ND.jobs to Job # https://apptrkr.com/4775790. For additional information about working at the University of Notre Dame and various benefits available to employees, please visit http://hr.nd.edu/why-nd. The University of Notre Dame supports the needs of dual career couples and has a Dual Career Assistance Program in place to assist relocating spouses and significant others with their job search.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.