Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Manager, Data Scientist - Compliance Risk
Data is at the center of everything we do. As a startup, we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and this little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
As a Data Scientist at Capital One, you'll be part of a team that's leading the next wave of disruption at a whole new scale, using the latest in computing and machine learning technologies and operating across billions of customer records to unlock the big opportunities that help everyday people save money, time and agony in their financial lives. Team Description
The Compliance Risk Management Analytics and Innovation team builds the machine learning models that contribute to the organization's regulatory compliance and risk management program. This team plays a crucial role in harnessing data-driven insights to ensure ad-herence to regulatory standards, intelligence in testing, and complaints management. The Manager of Data Science Risk management will lead and empower this team towards that mission. Role Description In this role, you will:
The Ideal Candidate is:
- Empower testing for compliance with state and federal regulations using AI and Machine Learning techniques.
- Perform data and model analytics to support compliance testing on various enterprise lines of businesses
- Monitor and drive insights in enterprise customer complaints and negative sentiments
- Utilize advanced data science techniques, including NLP and OCR to enhance the compliance and risk management processes
- Partner with a cross-functional team of data scientists, software engineers, and product managers to deliver a product customers love
- Leverage a broad stack of technologies - Python, Conda, AWS, H2O, Spark, and more - to reveal the insights hidden within huge volumes of numeric and textual data
- Build machine learning models through all phases of development, from design through training, evaluation, validation, and implementation
- Flex your interpersonal skills to translate the complexity of your work into tangible business goals
- Innovative. You continually research and evaluate emerging technologies. You stay current on published state-of-the-art methods, technologies, and applications and seek out opportunities to apply them.
- A leader. You challenge conventional thinking and work with stakeholders to identify and improve the status quo. You're passionate about talent development for your own team and beyond.
- Technical. You're comfortable with open-source languages and are passionate about developing further. You have hands-on experience developing data science solutions using open-source tools and cloud computing platforms.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a Bachelor's Degree plus 6 years of experience in data analytics, or currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a Master's Degree plus 4 years of experience in data analytics, or currently has, or is in the process of obtaining PhD plus 1 year of experience in data analytics, with an expectation that required degree will be obtained on or before the scheduled start date
- At least 2 years' experience in open source programming languages for large scale data analysis
- At least 2 years' experience with machine learning
- At least 2 years' experience with relational databases
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- PhD in "STEM" field (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) plus 3 years of experience in data analytics
- At least 1 year of experience working with AWS
- At least 1 year of experience managing people
- At least 2 years' experience with natural language processing
- At least 4 years' experience in Python, Scala, or R for large scale data analysis
- At least 4 years' experience with machine learning
- At least 4 years' experience with SQL
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).