Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Sr. Associate Product Manager, Business Cards & Payments
As a Product Manager in Small Business Card, you'll be joining a passionate team of product managers, designers, engineers, data scientists, and analysts working to translate human insights + business needs into consumer-centric services. Our focus on simplicity is driven by our mission to help Small Business succeed so they can get back to what they love most - growing their business. On any given day you'll be:
Here is what you will bring to the table:
- Empowered. Part of a team driving innovative change in the way customers are able to manage their small business spending
- Learning constantly. Work deeply with credit analysts, technologists, partners and data scientists to build cutting edge solutions that delight our customers through empathy, critical thinking, and listening for unspoken needs
- Inspired by data . Leveraging data to make real-time decisions that benefit our customers and stakeholders
- Sharing openly . Telling stories that change the way people think about building products and solving problems, and that illustrate the power of what software can do to make them even better
- Managing the business. Our solution empowers both our customers' businesses and our business, and you are at the heart of both
- Succeeding strategically. Solving the right problem and holding on the wrong one; knowing when to say no, and when to say an enthusiastic yes
- Curiosity. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea, or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer.
- Passion. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible. You've started meetup groups or taught General Assembly courses because you love enabling others.
- Communication. You can communicate complex ideas clearly, your team knows their priorities and why they're doing what they're doing. Maybe you're an introvert, or maybe you're an extrovert, but nobody accuses you of keeping them out of the loop.
- Collaboration. You're comfortable moving through technical and non-technical conversations, bringing groups together with different perspectives, but all reaching for the same goal.
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of product management experience or at least 1 year of experience in product design, agile delivery, business analysis, data science, or software engineering
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering
- 1+ years translating business strategy or analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 1+ years of experience working on core product platforms powering digital experiences
- 1+ years working with cross functional teams as a product owner in an agile development process
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).