West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Principal Risk Specialist, Compliance Governance Training Analyst
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation's top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses, and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas, and backgrounds, guided by our shared values, come together to make Capital One a great company - and a great place to work.
The Enterprise Compliance Governance Training team within Compliance is seeking a collaborative, analytically focused risk management professional to join our team. As a Principal Risk Specialist, you will work in a strong team environment to deploy Mandatory Compliance training through a Learning Management System (LMS) to associates across the Capital One Enterprise. We are searching for an individual who is very comfortable using Google Suite of applications and Risk Management methodologies in service of the governance structure of the Training element of the Compliance Management Program. The Principal Risk Specialist will be responsible for working with business partners to identify process enhancements to create efficiencies, maintain program methodology, collect and analyze data, and measure the effectiveness of governance processes. This role requires highly motivated Risk Management professionals with excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Provide day to day oversight of multiple processes: monitor, report, and plan process improvement or redesign initiatives; define, establish, and manage process controls
- Identify process improvement opportunities and implement them through collaboration with other groups such as the Risk office and management; make final recommendations for approval on changes
- Ensure document and change control management standards are adhered and maintained consistently; including quality assurance across all L3 processes.
- Identify Enterprise Compliance Training Plan implementation risks, take appropriate risk mitigation and escalate as necessary
- Coordinate and conduct data validations of end-to-end processing outcomes and actively lead problem-solving exercises
- Build deep subject matter expertise on existing and future learning platform to inform innovation agenda
- Perform analysis and provide recommendations; Take results and data to help management and customers understand implications and determine next steps.
- Communicate and report on results of assessments, process outcome and issue management.
- Collaborate on larger initiatives. Participate in cross-functional project teams, including projects driven by other parts of the organization, to provide input, and partner with groups on execution efforts.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent certification
- At least 4 years of Compliance, Audit, or Risk Management experience
- At least 2 years of Financial Services experience
- At least 2 years of experience using Google Suite
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 1 year ofexperience working with a Learning Management System (LMS)
- At least 3 years of experience in Project Management, Process Management, or Relationship Management
- Process Management, Project Management or Risk Management Certification
- Proficient in use of query and data visualization tools (Tableau)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).