Center 3 (19075), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Manager, Technology Risk (Unified Tech Exceptions Program (UTEP))
As a Technology Risk Manager in Capital One's Enterprise Services Risk (ESR), you will apply your risk management skills to the company's Technology organization. You will partner across Enterprise Services, Divisional CIO, Lines of Business, and Information Security teams to develop and support best-in-class industry risk solutions in a manner that supports innovation and protects our customers, shareholders, and associates. You will collaborate with both 1st and 2nd line teams to develop, monitor, and provide oversight to risk management processes, including reporting compliance results with requirements for the Technology organization. Your contributions will support one of Capital One's key programs to transform our risk ecosystem. Your work will drive insight into risk and control performance, as well as organizational change through risk identification, measurement, analysis, and reporting to enable better management of technology risks in an open and collaborative environment.
The Technology Risk Management - Unified Tech Exceptions Program (UTEP) Team or ExceptionsOne, within Tech Risk, is seeking an experienced, highly motivated Technology Risk Manager (MGR). The ideal candidate will have strong risk-based thinking skills, good organizational and communication skills (written and verbal), as well as overall project management responsibilities. This will be a challenging role in a dynamic and fast-paced environment requiring the ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments appropriately.
- Provide guidance, expertise, and assist in the coordination of the Unified Tech Exceptions Program/ExceptionsOne
- Develop and implement oversight processes to validate compliance with the new Unified Exceptions Management framework and associated processes
- Provide subject matter expertise for on-going design and process improvements for UTEP/ExceptionsOne within the supporting system(s)
- Partner closely with UTEP/ExceptionsOne partners in monitoring and mitigating technology risks
- Develop and publish all recurring UTEP/ExceptionsOne updates and reporting for leadership
- Assist in the development of the roadmap and manage the plan for the overall Unified Exceptions Management Program
- Develop UTEP/ExceptionsOne Program documentation to include, but not limited to, procedures, job aids, and new framework
- Educate stakeholders and drive the adoption of new processes associated with the UTEP/ExceptionsOne Program
- Develop Reporting and/or Dashboards for UTEP/ExceptionsOne
- Support Tech Risk Exceptions Council activities, as applicable
- At least 3 years of experience in an Information Technology or Risk Management field
- At least 3 years of experience in presenting to business executives
- At least 3 years of experience in process or documentation development
- At least 3 years of governance, risk, and compliance tool experience
- 2 years of experience with ServiceNow System
- 2 years of Agile experience
- 2 years of experience with JIRA
- Experience working in a fast paced consulting environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with people across multiple levels
- Ability to negotiate and influence results without direct authority
- Strong consulting skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).