Summary On-Call Site Security Manager (SSM) Bethesda, MD
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega Analytic Business Solutions (CABS) provides federal agencies and commercial customers with trusted insights into Records and Information Management, Administrative Solutions, Information Technology, Engineering, and Training. Formed in 2017 to serve federal and commercial customers, CABS is 8(a) certified and has grown quickly into a leader in the federal IT and Training environment.
The On-Call Site Security Manager (SSM)
shall support the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Carderock Division (NSWCCD) by verifying the identity and eligibility of authorized DoD beneficiaries for issuance of CAC and DoD identification cards. Responsibilities
- Process CACs by (IAW) DoD/Department of Navy (DoN) regulations.
- Determine eligibility, issuing, and retrieving/returning CACs as applicable and destroying non-CAC identification cards as applicable.
- Enroll CAC office customers in a queue management system.
- Serve as a verifying official on the DEERS/RAPIDS terminal and ensure inputted data for accuracy.
- Assist customers with questions concerning identification card eligibility, application requirements, and DEERS and telephone inquiries.
- Return failed or retrieved CACs to DMDC within 15 days.
- Verify and update customer personnel data IAW DoD, OPNAV, BUPERS, and other references, instructions, directives, and policies.
- Perform customer services, including but not limited to PIN resets, verifying, and updating PKI certificates.
- Ensure DEERS updates are performed as soon as possible.
- Provide Navy Identification Card Administration (ICA) services as necessary to ensure the timely and accurate distribution and retrieval of identification cards.
- Initiate CAC requests and distribute CACs and PINs upon receipt.
- Verify the identity and eligibility of authorized DoD beneficiaries and issue DoD identification cards.
- Ensure the appropriate security personnel are immediately notified of any unauthorized or unsafe acts.
- Maintain RAPIDS equipment within the physical parameters and configurations established at the time of installation.
- Perform printer maintenance as stated in the Maintenance and Cleaning Procedures, located in the Verifying Officials Information System (VIOS).
- Implement work control procedures to permit tracking and reporting of work in progress.
- Participate in site inspections.
- Shall perform inventory checks weekly and provide a report.
- Complete Chenega and Navy required training as required.
- Complete the timesheet daily in the company's time recording system.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- 1+ years of experience in a customer service-oriented environment
- 1+ years of working experience with standard office equipment, like computers, electric typewriters, copiers, fax machines, scanners, and other office automation systems
- 1+ years of experience in HR background in either of the following disciplines: Military Pay, Military Personnel, Travel Claims, or Navy Transportation
- Substitutions for HR background can be from similar experience gained in either the private sector or other federal agencies
- Background check required with the ability to obtain interim secret before start
How you'll grow
- Must have the ability to work on an on-call basis with 2 to 24 hours' notice.
- Must complete all mandatory training courses to use the RAPIDS/DEERS equipment as defined in DoD policy.
- Minimum of 1 year working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Proficient in both oral and written communication to communicate effectively with others and explain complex actions taken regarding military member's entitlements, allowances, and collections.
- Ability to interact with executives, staff, and visitors with a high degree of professionalism.
- Possess excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently, balancing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to self-start and work independently or as a team.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega Analytic Business Solutions, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program