Summary Construction Manager MCB Hawaii, HI
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chronos Operations (CO) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chenega
Corporation, an Alaska Native Corporation based in Anchorage, AK. Belonging to the Military, Intelligence, and Operations Support (MIOS) Strategic Business Unit (SBU), Chronos has a culture rooted in integrity, respect, and exceptional performance. Chronos is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and provides mission-critical services in Advanced Analytics & AI, Software Engineering, Cybersecurity, Information Technology, and Intelligence.
The Construction Manager
shall provide services for the designated construction projects to satisfy the overall operational objectives of NAVFAC Pacific Responsibilities
- Review Request for Information (RFIs), coordinate RFIs with Government Subject Matter Experts (SME), consolidate responses, and provide submittal review/analysis written recommendations for Government Construction Manager/s to approve.
- Conduct Quality Assurance (QA) of the construction contractor/s quality control program and provide written recommendations to the Government Construction Manager.
- Monitor compliance with environmental protection requirements and document all findings.
- Review/analyze the following construction contractor/s submittals and provide the Government Construction Manager with notes and recommendations based on the construction contract requirements:
- Construction Quality Control Reports
- Safety Reports
- Production Reports
- Construction Contractor's
- As-built/scheduled updates
- Technical submittals (e.g., architectural, civil, electrical, fire protection, and mechanical)
- Perform field investigations, including the review of as-builts, to determine existing conditions and document findings.
- Report incidents of potential threats to the environment (i.e., air quality, water quality, contamination, pollutants, solid, and hazardous waste), cultural resources, or natural resources/endangered species/biosecurity issues shall be brought to the immediate attention of the designated COR and/or Government Construction Manager by telephone with written follow-up.
- Update weekly construction project status reports and construction representative reports (CRRs).
- Report and document construction contractor/s non-compliance (quality control/safety) to the Government Construction manager.
- Monitor construction contractor/s surveying, materials, and system testing and provide documentation to the Government Construction Manager.
- Immediately report in writing to the Government Construction Manager any instances where it is suspected that the construction contractor/s is/violates Labor Standards Provisions.
- Attend coordination meetings between Government entities and construction contractor/s and provide written minutes to the Government Construction Manager.
- Review/analyze and provide notes and recommendations to the Government Construction Manager for validation:
- Construction plans and specifications to determine the constructability of a facility
- Participate/perform red zone meetings, pre-final, and final inspections.
- Participate in the coordination of government inspections of critical systems.
- Participate in the coordination of utility outages.
- Work with the Government Construction Manager on mishap investigations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related field.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and 5+ years of experience in construction management may be used instead of education.
- U.S. Professional Engineering Registration (P.E.) or U.S. Professional Architecture Registration (RA) is desirable but not required.
- Ability to obtain NAVFAC or USACE Construction Quality Management (CQM) course certificate within 30 days of start date.
- Must have proof of US citizenship.
- Background check required and must be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
How you'll grow
- Have demonstrated knowledge of construction management to perform the services required independently.
- Sound understanding of construction concepts, principles, and practices applicable to multi-disciplined engineering projects and the design, layout, and supervision of construction operations.
- Be capable of the physical exertion required to perform the necessary services such as long periods of standing; walking over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, and reaching; climbing upon ladders and other physical activity common to the performance of such duties to complete construction project inspections and site visits.
- Thorough knowledge of construction practices and methods and construction management skills.
- High degree of competence in the use of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project) and other computer skills used to generate and manage data.
- Advanced skills in problem-solving.
- Good work ethic and active desire to learn.
- Skillful time management and organizational skills to set and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment to encourage collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance requirements.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chronos Operations, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program